Novatel 620L (Verizon) USB Modem as Primary WAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jsdukeboy08
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49    Post subject: Novatel 620L (Verizon) USB Modem as Primary WAN Reply with quote
Hello, as the title states I am trying to set up my AC68U router flashed with the latest DD WRT to use my Novatel 620L USB modem on the Verizon network as the primary source of internet. I have already set the router up with my iphone USB tethering to the router and everything works perfectly but I can't get the 620L to work. I have of course enabled USB over IP and then under the settings I have selected:

Mobile Broadband
Dial: *99***3#
APN: VZWINTERNET
Force LTE: tried both enabled and not

All other settings blank or auto, is there something I am missing? Like I said the iPhone tethering works perfectly but I got this for my parents who don't have other options and the USB modem is really needed.
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 19:10    Post subject: Re: Novatel 620L (Verizon) USB Modem as Primary WAN Reply with quote
jsdukeboy08 wrote:
I have already set the router up with my iphone USB tethering to the router and everything works perfectly but I can't get the 620L to work.
That modem is still listed as a work-in-progress, but check out the links in this thread for some possible help, and keep us posted... Wink

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=300599

|RT-N66U@663 Merlin 380.70|OEM: WGR614v10@400-WNR1000v3 mod
jsdukeboy08
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 23:15    Post subject: Re: Novatel 620L (Verizon) USB Modem as Primary WAN Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
jsdukeboy08 wrote:
I have already set the router up with my iphone USB tethering to the router and everything works perfectly but I can't get the 620L to work.
That modem is still listed as a work-in-progress, but check out the links in this thread for some possible help, and keep us posted... Wink

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=300599

Thank you for the reply, I will look into it this weekend. May I ask where you are able to find the compatibility in the wiki? The link below won’t load for me and I can’t seem to find a list of compatible USB modems elsewhere. I would like to check and see if other Verizon modems such as the 7730L, 730L or 8800L are already compatible so I could look into getting one of those instead. Thanks

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Mobile_Broadband#Novatel_Wireless

Edit: Couldn't get this to work and ended up just using an old iphone 7 we had laying around and using iphone tethering which still works perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: