Mac Filtering on Multiple SSIDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
chrno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:09    Post subject: Mac Filtering on Multiple SSIDs Reply with quote
Right now, I have two SSIDs setup, wl0 and wl0.1 using WPA and WEP encryption. I want to be able to apply a MAC filter to both of them but when I go under Wireless -> Mac Filter, I can only enable it for wl0. I've already tested this out and it is indeed only applying it to wl0. Is there a way to get the MAC filtering to work for the 2nd ssid also? I don't mind if it has to use the same list.
Sponsor
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I didn't respond earlier... wanted to test this on my network first to confirm.

This feature works for me on my WRT54GL units with svn 11796 installed. What I mean is, there is only one MAC address list available, but testing it confirms that the list applies to both wl0, and wl0.1.

Which version of dd-wrt are you using? I suspect that upgrading to a newer version may be in order.

WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G

Last edited by hpsenicka on Thu Apr 09, 2009 14:18; edited 1 time in total
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
One other comment... I am using WPA2-AES encryption on mine, in addition to the MAC filters.
WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
chrno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright just got back from work. Just to let you know, I'm currently using a WRT54G-TM flashed with svn 11805 so that doesn't look to be an issue.

I previously thought that it would use the same list because on the mac filtering screen it said eth1. Some reason after I made my changes it now shows wl0 instead. I'm thinking its how I set it up so I attached screenshots.

I hoping its just a difference in how we set it up and not the type of encryption.

wireless.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.95 KB
 Viewed:  8452 Time(s)

wireless.JPG

networking.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.12 KB

networking.JPG

mac filter.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.03 KB

mac filter.JPG

chrno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
couldnt fit all screenshots in one post.

2nd DHCP.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.89 KB
 Viewed:  8451 Time(s)

2nd DHCP.JPG

chrno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried another approach of adding it through the telnet connection. I found that my maclist was using wl0_maclist and there was another setting called wl_maclist. I found this using nvram show. I tried switch it up so everything was under wl_maclist and enabled it. It was definitely still filtering my primary wireless even through the web gui didn't show anything. Either way though, it still had no effect on wl0.1. I'm out of ideas so if anyone has this working and has any suggestions, I'm open to them.
nojerma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

this is an old post but i still have the same probleme.
Mac Filter only apply to wl0. (LinkSys WRT54GL v1.1 with the firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) min)

Although i found a demo site on which there is multiple mac filter. I don't have this. how can i have this?

Thanks

Demo site : http://router-firmware-test.gamma.nu/DD-WRT/index.html

multiple_mac_filter.jpg
 Description:
multiple choice for mac filter
 Filesize:  52.35 KB
 Viewed:  4616 Time(s)

multiple_mac_filter.jpg

Binte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news regarding this? I am using the DD-WRT v3.0-r33772 mega (11/16/17) firmware, and I can only set a filter for the main network.

I have only my MAC address in that list, and even though no one besides me can connect to the main network, everyone else can connect to the guest network.

Can this even be problematic?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: