RT-AX58U; or Why I Should Only Purchase Compatible Hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Siress
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10    Post subject: RT-AX58U; or Why I Should Only Purchase Compatible Hardware Reply with quote
Every time I reconfigure my network, and recognize that some advanced feature is only available because of the brilliance and hard work being done by this group/community I toss a few more bucks toward it through paypal. I enjoy supporting this far greater than box store brands. I should've just waited until AX devices were supported before "upgrading"... It's incredibly frustrating to know a device is capable, while also knowing exactly how boned I am when even the SSH capabilities are gimped. I haven't dealt with a non-DD-WRT router in so long that I forgot what it was like...and here I am...contemplating returning it to the store.

That's all I have to say really. Love the work y'all are doing.
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 17:54    Post subject: Re: Why I Should Only Purchase Compatible Hardware Reply with quote
Siress wrote:
I haven't dealt with a non-DD-WRT router in so long that I forgot what it was like...and here I am...contemplating returning it to the store.
If you do return it, get an Atheros/Qualcomm IPQ (ARM) device like the R7800. Smile And/or...instead of generically donating via Paypal, you could donate an RT-AX58U to try getting support, but I'm not sure of the future status of BCM AX device support.
|OEM: WGR614v10@400 -> WNR1000v3 mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: