!!! ~~~ YOU HAVE BEEN PRANKED ~~~ !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
earthmind wrote:

I'm just a lurker, but I've been here a bit longer than you have, Murrkf. Help me with my memory. How many times have developers betccused of actually hiding sources? How many times have developers been threatened w!a borderline th a GPL violation report?

It is a very old and very tiresome allegation against ddwrt that I care about not at all. And as far as anything about evidence and legal repercussions, I expect I understand these far better than you. In any event see the post below yours...it is a borderline example. Personal attack and nothing more. Any post I deleted was much worse to the point of quite offensive trolling and went beyond what was accepted in this forum. There are also legal repercussions for allowing the rules to be broken. And what has occurred has led to a lot of this.

Which is why I stated that Kong's approach to this matter could have been handled better.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Sponsor
earthmind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

It is a very old and very tiresome allegation against ddwrt that I care about not at all. And as far as anything about evidence and legal repercussions, I expect I understand these far better than you.

Old and very tiresome allegation? Against developers? I should hope not.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I know much less than you about evidence and legal repercussions. I'm not inclined to enter a shouting match at this point. We don't know each other in real life and I'm comfortable with status quo.

Anyway, what's past is past. Your intervention was sorely missed at the build-up. Next time, nip the serious accusations and threats of legal action in the bud, if you resent community pushback to the point of clouded judgement.
mr.shimpy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
jsmiddleton4 wrote:
Not cool.

Nothing "prank" about it. Not going to be using any DD-WRT version for awhile. Maybe not again.

People stepped up, took it seriously, did the right thing. I for one don't see anything humorous in being played for a chump.

I second that.
Wolf_666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice joke mate Evil or Very Mad !

I was going to return to stock FW or throw away my R7000, backed up by my WNDR3700 (openWRT by arokh).

Looking forward to test your release and welcome back. Razz

TV LC-40LE924E - Firewall/Router pfSense on A1SRi-2558 - AP R7000 (FW Stock 1.0.4.5) - NMT A-210 (evZap! Skin) - Switch ProCurve 1410-8G - NAS DS213+ (2 x ST3000DM001-1CH166-301 FW: CC24) - Laptop M17xR2
Anti-Ultimate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
This isn't funny at all. If you're going to do a prank, at least give us any clues. Seriously, there was nothing to indicate that this was supposed to be a joke.
earthmind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am curious, Anti-Ultimate. Why do you feel that he should clue you in? You just got here. As far as I can tell, Kong has given you no loss, only benefit.

Kong did what he did to defend against a legal threat, which was not a joke at all. It was an act of self-defense to outwit a hostile accuser.
Anti-Ultimate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
earthmind wrote:
I am curious, Anti-Ultimate. Why do you feel that he should clue you in? You just got here. As far as I can tell, Kong has given you no loss, only benefit.

Kong did what he did to defend against a legal threat, which was not a joke at all. It was an act of self-defense to outwit a hostile accuser.

There was nothing wrong, did you even read the first post of this thread?

All he wanted to do was mess with us because colin gave him a reason to.
earthmind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong was protecting himself. Should he have said "I am now trying something to protect myself, so everybody except colin, please take note"??

Kong has given you no loss, only benefit. What did you lose?

You registered 48 hours ago, and your very first post here was:

Anti-Ultimate wrote:
As much as I'd like to defend Kong, I have to say something negative:

You may not be colin or his shill. But coming on like this is just laying it on a bit thick.
Anti-Ultimate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
earthmind wrote:

You registered 48 hours ago, and your very first post here was:

Anti-Ultimate wrote:
As much as I'd like to defend Kong, I have to say something negative:

You may not be colin or his shill. But coming on like this is just laying it on a bit thick.

Did you EVEN read what I wrote? I wrote that there need to be instructions on how to compile the binaries he posts.

He already did everything he had to. (e.g. post links to source, changelog, and instructions on how to compile things).

Just because I just created an account does not mean I didn't browse these forums before.

No, I do not hate Kong. I did not register to spread hate. All I wanted, Kong has already supplied now.

He could've just ignored colin. There was nothing he had to worry about. But he decided to mess with us anyways.

As much as I love DD-WRT and the work of Kong, this really wasn't cool. Imagine getting a surgery. The doctors decide to take out your internal organs. They tell you to calm down cause it's just a joke and they put them back in. How would you feel?
earthmind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anti-Ultimate wrote:

He could've just ignored colin. There was nothing he had to worry about. But he decided to mess with us anyways.

As much as I love DD-WRT and the work of Kong, this really wasn't cool. Imagine getting a surgery. The doctors decide to take out your internal organs. They tell you to calm down cause it's just a joke and they put them back in. How would you feel?

How do you know he had nothing to worry about? Are you in his shoes? Ever got a threat like that? Did you try to help Kong or repulse the accusation?

If anyone messes with my internal organs, sure I'll be angry. But AFAIK Kong did not mess with your internal organs. Please enlighten me once again. What exactly did you lose because of Kong's act of self-defense? Some people lost time setting up an alternative repo. Were you one of them?
Anti-Ultimate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
earthmind wrote:
Anti-Ultimate wrote:

How do you know he had nothing to worry about? Are you in his shoes? Ever got a threat like that? Did you try to help Kong or repulse the accusation?

If anyone messes with my internal organs, sure I'll be angry. But AFAIK Kong did not mess with your internal organs. Please enlighten me once again. What exactly did you lose because of Kong's act of self-defense? Some people lost time setting up an alternative repo. Were you one of them?

Removing files from his brothers server was an useless action since people already had them and could upload them somewhere else regardless. He didn't need to do that.

But dude, seriously. He even wrote in the starting post that he decided to mess with us since you people thought he was gonna stop developing because of colin.

There were no problems nor a GPL license violation.
earthmind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why all the red herrings? I surmise you suffered no loss.

So, he didn't need to tell you either.
Anti-Ultimate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
earthmind wrote:
Why all the red herrings? I surmise you suffered no loss.

So, he didn't need to tell you either.

Why should I only care about myself? Think about all the other people that went nuts over the announcement.
earthmind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am overwhelmed by your rationality, objectivity and generosity of spirit.

Meanwhile, I encourage more people to speak up and lend support to Kong. If anyone has benefited from him, if anyone likes his selfless dedication, it wouldn't hurt to express some encouragement. Some eyes need to be opened.

Last edited by earthmind on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:13; edited 1 time in total
mr.shimpy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anti-Ultimate wrote:
This isn't funny at all. If you're going to do a prank, at least give us any clues. Seriously, there was nothing to indicate that this was supposed to be a joke.

I second this statement.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: