RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
m4f1050
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
theshur wrote:
Is the DHCP lease reservation works for you?

I have test-it with 3 devices different and it's the same bad result, it's an IP random assigned.

++ §hu

I didn't do that test, but I can check for you after I get home from work tomorrow. I left the router at my appt. and I am going to work from my home, won't be back until PM after work. So gimme until after work 7pm EST and I will have your answer if it works or not. I know DHCP works, but I will test the reservation of IP (I think that's what you want to find out if reserving an IP depending on MAC address works right?)
Sponsor
athurdent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to see the connected 5Ghz clients or is there no 5Ghz info at all?
theshur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ m4f1050: if you can test it, thank you very much!

@ athurdent: yes, you see the client 5Ghz but no technical information about that.

++ §hu
Trickster29
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello I am new here and extremely new wth firmware. I'm buying the RT-AC87U and would be glad If you can provide me with a detailed procedure with how to install this DDWRT beta onto it. I'm afraid I'll brick it. And obviously you guys did it without a guide so I'm asking if you could give me one to follow. Thank you I have a tty serial adapter to if I need it.
ibrubeer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to revert back to the stock firmware for this router if you totally don't like it? I didn't see mention of this possibility for any routers?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
With my rt-n66, rt-ac66 and rt-ac68, to revert back to stock I change the .trx ending of the stock firmware to .bin and flash it through the dd-wrt upgrade tab.
Of course you can use the cfe mini web server or the firmware restoration tool.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
With my rt-n66, rt-ac66 and rt-ac68, to revert back to stock I change the .trx ending of the stock firmware to .bin and flash it through the dd-wrt upgrade tab.
Of course you can use the cfe mini web server or the firmware restoration tool.

Thank you. I found the Firmware Restoration utility on the CD that came with the AC87R. If I understand it correctly, I can just download the latest firmware from the ASUS website, and use the utility to flash the firmware, correct? Why do you need to change the file extension to .bin? Is that something specific to the dd-wrt software?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you change the extension to .bin, you don't need to use the utility.
Dd-wrt only accepts .bin.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
If you change the extension to .bin, you don't need to use the utility.
Dd-wrt only accepts .bin.

Depends on unit. For Netgear units starting with WNDR4000 I made this foolproof, you can flash either the bin or the chk no matter if it is netgear chk or dd-wrt chk. With the chk you are always on the safe side, as it contains the header and won't allow to flash it to the wrong unit.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know, which I knew about netgear, having flashed dd-wrt to stock on wndr4500, r6250, r6300 v1 and v2 and r7000. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 14:01    Post subject: Full sport for ASCUS RT-AC87U Reply with quote
when will DD-WRT have full support and move from the beta area of the web site
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 14:14    Post subject: Re: Full sport for ASCUS RT-AC87U Reply with quote
timlwilliams wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 18:51    Post subject: Re: Full sport for ASCUS RT-AC87U Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
timlwilliams wrote:

I think you're forgetting about the other scheduled events like The Great Nuclear Fallout of 2496 as well as the year 2742 when we get invaded by aliens and are locked in a century long war.

These things severely delay the progress on DD-WRT pushing the official non-Beta release to the year 3084.

Unless you believe in the alternate timeline theory where scientists discover a potion to create talking unicorns and with their knowledge we gain the ability to advance our technology by vast amounts thus allowing DD-WRT to come out of Beta. That may result in a date of 3019 if my math serves me right. But hey... I'm not a talking unicorn so don't quote me.
jpalo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sent question to ASUS support and asked where to download a supported build as they're claiming RT‑AC87U is supported. Let's see...
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpalo wrote:
Sent question to ASUS support and asked where to download a supported build as they're claiming RT‑AC87U is supported. Let's see...

The download is here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-11-2014-r25628/asus-rt-ac87u/

Navigation

Jump to: