Linksys E3000 Client//repeater and Yagi 2.4Ghz ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Sterke-Jerke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 17:05    Post subject: Linksys E3000 Client//repeater and Yagi 2.4Ghz ? Reply with quote
Hello,

I want to use a E3000 in cliënt mode (together with another Wifi that would be AP).
Most of the access will be to 2.4Ghz networks. G mode.
(I use it on holidays, to have WiFi on campsites)
In order to improve reception, I would like to mode the E3000 and connect a Yagi antenna.

No the questions: as the 2,4 Ghz has 3 connections, to what connection do I connect?

If there is N networks available would 1 antenna also be sufficient? Are the 3 antenna's ever used at the same time?
So how to connect and configure?

Would it be possible to use repeater mode, with this setup? So I can carry just one device?

I have had a working setup in both client and repeater mode. Just a better signal over more distance would help.

THX!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the catfish thread and research Mimo. You should get a wrt54g router with removable antennas.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Sterke-Jerke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a WRT54G laying around, tried it, but its very slow, in connecting, so thats why I opted for the E3000 (more CPU). But if you think the WRT54 does a better job , I can try, with an external Yagi of course.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Read the catfish thread and research Mimo.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Sterke-Jerke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Murrkf wrote:
Read the catfish thread and research Mimo.

Understood load and clear the first time. All ready read it.

Still 1 question left: as stated
The E3000 has 3 connectors for 2.4Ghz:
1. TX/RX
2. RX
3. TX/RX

Allready been looking into MIMO, and (I think) just connecting an antenna to 1 and/or 3 would be enough. (FOR non 40Mhz purposes)
Nowhere I can find the function for 2 (RX) Neither can I find an option in DD_WRT that might be relevant,
The catfish tread is a nice one for making external antenna modes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: