E3000 slow wifi speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
moondoggy17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10    Post subject: E3000 slow wifi speed Reply with quote
i've been trying for the past 2 to figure this out, i can't keep a constant N speed, and it eventually slows down to 5.5mbps, which is infuriating

I'm running v24-sp2 (03/25/13) mega 21061 with wireless setup as below:

Code:
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: NG Mixed
Wireless Channel: 13
Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enable
Sensitivity Range: 2000
Network Configuration: Bridged

Security Mode: WPA2 Personal
WPA Algorithms: AES
Key Renewal Interval: 3600

For a while it was connecting and transmitting 72mbps
but now router status report 5.5mbps, ATM i have it set to G only which fixes speed problems.
IS there a more stable build that will fix this, I read the announcements but they are all 5 years old, or am i just doing something wrong?
Sponsor
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 13:51    Post subject: Questions On Your Network. Reply with quote
Does your network require both N/G? Secondly have you always used both N/G on channel 13?
moondoggy17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for replying, NG is not a mandatory thing tho i have tried it with just N only and get the same results, and I'm using channel 13 b/c there are about 20 other wifi networks around me and since no one around can use 13 i get less interference, but i get the same problem on all channels.
also i was reading through some posts and decided to flash brainslayer's v24-sp2 (12/20/11) big 18024, but after a day it dropped back down to 5.5mbps, tho i have 2 devices using 5ghz and its stays steady at 300mbps, so for the moment i have it set to G only.
Disastrousity
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
moondoggy17 wrote:
thanks for replying, NG is not a mandatory thing tho i have tried it with just N only and get the same results, and I'm using channel 13 b/c there are about 20 other wifi networks around me and since no one around can use 13 i get less interference, but i get the same problem on all channels.
also i was reading through some posts and decided to flash brainslayer's v24-sp2 (12/20/11) big 18024, but after a day it dropped back down to 5.5mbps, tho i have 2 devices using 5ghz and its stays steady at 300mbps, so for the moment i have it set to G only.

Regulatory domain? If in the USA, set it to a channel between 1-11. 13 is illegal here in the USA.
moondoggy17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
illegal yes, enforced no, unless you were broadcasting with a few hundred watts of power and saturating a significant area no one is going to bother you
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:25    Post subject: What Channel Are You Trying To Adjust To? Reply with quote
Looks like the firmware you are using is out of date, you would have to check the peacock thread on Broadcom routers for proper link to updated firmware. However you could get by using what is installed until such time to update but it has been a year. When you made changes to N/G to G did you keep the channel at 13? I'd would just for sake of checking. Do a channel 11 or some really un-heavy populated channel 1 or 6 and place the wireless network mode to N apply and save once it refreshes then pull the power plug for 20 seconds 30 if you don't mind to clear some the memory and once up check your device or refresh your devices usually not necessary. Also what wireless chipset do you know that are install on your device?
moondoggy17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
well the recommended build i see in the peakcock announcement is older than my current build, and i've tried channel 1 and 11 with N only NG, and G but settled on 13, and from what i've found the wireless chipset is BCM4718(2.4GHz B, G and N) and BCM4322 (5GHz A and N)
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54    Post subject: 30-30-30 Reply with quote
The information may seem out of date but it should have a link to updates. The updates have two builds mini, mega for your model, but before doing an update, did you complete a hard 30-30-30 reset? If you decide not to update, you could make a backup before the reset to make things go quickly to get your network back online without re-entering the network information. Just make sure in the future not to use older firmware builds with updated builds.
moondoggy17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I fixed the problem, also the peacock announcement on recommended builds needs to be UPDATED, big time, fixed my problem with Brainslayer's K3.x svn 21676,

also it would be a good idea to delete the peacock announcement and repost it so it will get a new time stamp so it won't look 5 years old
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: