Script to Switch On/Off USB Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
robfobx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 18:46    Post subject: Script to Switch On/Off USB Power Reply with quote
Is there a command line way to enable/disable "Core USB Support" (instead of doing this in the Services' USB menu through the web interface)?

I'd like to switch on and off a USB connected device (which only needs 5V power, not data) with a script runnning on the router. The router is Netgear R6400.
Sponsor
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would experiment with commands below (but not while the router's doing anything important in case it messes things up):

nvram set usb_enable="1"

or

nvram set usb_enable="0"

Rerun init process to apply changes

kill -1 1
robfobx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for teaching me about init. I can now switch on the USB with:
    nvram set usb_enable=1
    /sbin/init
But, that multiplies my init, hotplug2, start_service_f, and "sh .rc_startup" processes (and multiplies processes called within my startup script). By the way, even "kill -9 1" fails to kill init.

Then, after two toggles of the USB this way, the router crashed, rebooted itself, and worse yet, all nvram was gone (but at least DD-WRT firmware was still present). So, this is not looking good...anybody have a cleaner way or see a mistake I'm making?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: