New router that is not listed on supported or non-supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
XSpade17X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46    Post subject: New router that is not listed on supported or non-supported Reply with quote
I just got a Belkin N300 f9k1002v5 Rev.A00 N wireless router. It has 2Mib of flash and 16Mib of ram. It has a Broadcom BCM5357C0 chipset. I have done countless searches and hours of searching and I have not found a page saying whether this router is DD-WRT supported or not. I found other router models that had the same chipset and they were supported. So knowing that, I was wondering what build should I use on this router. I'm very confused on that. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this. I believe this router is supported due to other routers with same chipset are supported. Please help!
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
One reason it's not supported is it doesn't have enough flash and ram.

The other units you referred to had around 4 times the flash and ram.
Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't believe it's 2014 and a 'large' networking company would still ship a router with such neutered specs.

I remember my first Dlink router I got in 2004 had only 2MB in flash and was so ticked 2 years later when I found out about dd-wrt/open source firmwares but wasn't supported partially due to flash size. Bought a 54GL and swore never to buy neutered hardware like that again.

/End reminiscing
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
it;s all about shaving pennies off the final cost. The only manufacturers that probably ship routers with DD-WRT in mind are Asus and in the past Buffalo. If anything else works, it;s usually by accident or the hard work of the developers.

There are alot of routers out there that can run DD-WRT in the 10$ to 200$ range. People should pick routers that are known to work rather than wasting their time and braincells on ones that no one else has.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/

Asus RT-N16 on 2.6 Kong 22000M with OTRW2
Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x 28493 STD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: