No internet through wifi on Netgear R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
leopheard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 17:10    Post subject: No internet through wifi on Netgear R7000 Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have a Netgear CM500 modem successfully connected to the internet and sends the connection through to my DD-WRT R7000 Netgear router by way of the WAN port on the R7000 (I think it works on the LAN ports too but anyway). If I plug my laptop into the R7000 via ethernet, I can get online fine (which is how I'm posting this now).

The only problem is getting the wifi to work. I can connect TO to R7000 wifi, but for some reason it's not getting the same internet connection patched through like the LAN does.

I know the wifi on the R7000 works as up until a few days ago, at our old house, it was plugged into the LAN port of the AT&T router and I could get online via the wifi okay there.

I have the R7000 setup as a router (not gateway) and it's on the same IP range as the modem. The WAN isn't setup as it's the modem getting the WAN connection not this router itself. Any ideas?
Sponsor
MvEICT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:12    Post subject: Re: No internet through wifi on Netgear R7000 Reply with quote
leopheard wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Netgear CM500 modem successfully connected to the internet and sends the connection through to my DD-WRT R7000 Netgear router by way of the WAN port on the R7000 (I think it works on the LAN ports too but anyway). If I plug my laptop into the R7000 via ethernet, I can get online fine (which is how I'm posting this now).

The only problem is getting the wifi to work. I can connect TO to R7000 wifi, but for some reason it's not getting the same internet connection patched through like the LAN does.

I know the wifi on the R7000 works as up until a few days ago, at our old house, it was plugged into the LAN port of the AT&T router and I could get online via the wifi okay there.

I have the R7000 setup as a router (not gateway) and it's on the same IP range as the modem. The WAN isn't setup as it's the modem getting the WAN connection not this router itself. Any ideas?

How did you setup wifi? Bridged?
Are the wl0 and wl1 on the same bridge as the LAN or separate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: