WNDR3300 Rebooting (somewhat) randomly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
butric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31    Post subject: WNDR3300 Rebooting (somewhat) randomly Reply with quote
Recently I upgraded my old, NETGEAR router to DD-WRT (BETA) 13064. I did this because I had heard a little about how NETGEAR may have been putting backdoors in the firmware. but, without further ado, my issue.

I noticed that while I was hosting a game with a couple of friends, that everything was running quite smoothly, with a little lag here and there, where I would normally just blame my ISP for that. However, after that went on for about 20 minutes, Everyone lost connection. Teamspeak Timed out. The game was lost. And after about 10 seconds, everyone was back, however the game could not reconnect.

A quick look at the Web GUI showed that the router had only been up for about 5 seconds. Indicating that a reboot recently went down. So I checked all of my settings, made sure that no automatic reboot was set. etc. Upon further investigation, I found that my RAM was 96% full! So, I imagine that the RAM was overloaded, the router stalled, and rebooted.

So, my question is, How, Or what do I do to reduce RAM usage, or prevent the router from Rebooting again?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the announcements at the top of this forum.
Also google wndr3300 dd-wrt and read the wiki page that dd-wrt has for it.

Navigation

Jump to: