Kong 24500 for Arm Routers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
tangsoft
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:31    Post subject: Re: Kong 24500 for Arm Routers Reply with quote
tangsoft wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
I usually don't announce the builds, but there are a few things I want to mention this time.

1. The build is based on 24500 but I added a few patches which show up in svn in later revisions. I just didn't want to sync anything from >24500 since I did all my testing with 24500 and only added fixes for things I found. This time I tested a lot more services and features.

2. No uClibc anymore, thus any app that has been compiled for uClibc won't work now. A new repo with apps compiled against musl is up and you can install them through opkg. I removed ipkg and added a script that installs opkg for you. Before it was required to have one partition mounted to /jffs and one to /opt, now /opt is enough (/jffs is still recommended as it is the default location for override configs and storage space for things like webserver etc.).
Bootstrap script will install opkg to /opt. Thus, if you already have a partition that is mounted to /opt, run the script "bootstrap".

3. No old driver build available this time, as we have added a few broadcom modules that are not available for the old drivers, e.g. emf

4. Next build will bring a surprise for you, which will probably have a few stability issues in the beginning, that's why I tried to make 24500 as good as possible.

Hi,Kong, can we have asterisk11 and transmission stuff under your bcm53xx-musl repo?

I used asterisk11 openwrt trunk package repo before upgrading to 24500, now new opkg keep saying not available:

opkg install asterisk11
Installing asterisk11 (11.10.2-1) to root...
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_pkg: Package asterisk11 is not available from any configured src.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download asterisk11. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package asterisk11.
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55    Post subject: Re: Kong 24500 for Arm Routers Reply with quote
tangsoft wrote:
tangsoft wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
I usually don't announce the builds, but there are a few things I want to mention this time.

1. The build is based on 24500 but I added a few patches which show up in svn in later revisions. I just didn't want to sync anything from >24500 since I did all my testing with 24500 and only added fixes for things I found. This time I tested a lot more services and features.

2. No uClibc anymore, thus any app that has been compiled for uClibc won't work now. A new repo with apps compiled against musl is up and you can install them through opkg. I removed ipkg and added a script that installs opkg for you. Before it was required to have one partition mounted to /jffs and one to /opt, now /opt is enough (/jffs is still recommended as it is the default location for override configs and storage space for things like webserver etc.).
Bootstrap script will install opkg to /opt. Thus, if you already have a partition that is mounted to /opt, run the script "bootstrap".

3. No old driver build available this time, as we have added a few broadcom modules that are not available for the old drivers, e.g. emf

4. Next build will bring a surprise for you, which will probably have a few stability issues in the beginning, that's why I tried to make 24500 as good as possible.

Hi,Kong, can we have asterisk11 and transmission stuff under your bcm53xx-musl repo?

I used asterisk11 openwrt trunk package repo before upgrading to 24500, now new opkg keep saying not available:

opkg install asterisk11
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_pkg: Package asterisk11 is not available from any configured src.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download asterisk11. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

asterisk11 does not compile out of the box as it uses non standard extensions which are not part of musl. It may be added in the future.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59    Post subject: Re: Kong 24500 for Arm Routers Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
tangsoft wrote:
tangsoft wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

opkg install asterisk11
Collected errors:

asterisk11 does not compile out of the box as it uses non standard extensions which are not part of musl. It may be added in the future.

thanks for the clarification.
how about the transmision stuff? i like to use it as a extra package. Hope it will appear in your musl repo soon.

Anyway , i have to admit by using 24500, my box CPU load reduced a lot, from above 50% to below 10%, without asterisk11 and transmission running.

but, being unable to run asterisk makes me hesitating whether switching back to old ulibc build or not.
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone have Yamon2(bash script) working with 24500?

AreA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is "Kong" is compatible with WNR3500L V2?
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI Kong, I confirmed webif password gettiing changed by safari still not fixed..

Last edited by NiTrus on Mon Jul 07, 2014 17:34; edited 1 time in total
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 16:36    Post subject: Reboot on AC68U Reply with quote
I still get rebooting on AC68 with release 24500M. Anybody else has observed the same issue?
Thanks.

--stoney
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
issues remaining in 24500:

-usb automount doesnt always automount correctly..Kong notified
-wide dhcp6 client & server doesnt work...duid issue..JamesMTL working on it
-bash script yamon2.sh not working correctly...Al_C has been informed of issues
-webif password getting changed by safari still not fixed..Kong notified

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
NiTrus wrote:

If it is still not working with safari, then it is definitely a bug in safari.

Shell scripts have to be checked, regular expressions might be a problem if they are not 100% correct. Ipkg includes a whole bunch of non valid regexes.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 19:41    Post subject: toolchain for 24500M? Reply with quote
Would anyone be kind enough to post a link or directions to the arm toolchain used for Kong's last R7000 build (24500M)?

As per Kong these now use a glibc not uClibc toolchain, and all the openwrt toolchains I can find for arm appear to be for uClibc.

thanks!
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong,

Will there be a 24500 build for the ex6200?

Thanks for all your time
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
Kong,

Will there be a 24500 build for the ex6200?

Thanks for all your time

There is, but I haven't tested it.
I won't be able to mess with it in the next few weeks.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong 23500M dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

RT-AC68R - primary router/gateway
2.4Ghz (NG-mixed) with 20Mhz channel width => OK
5Ghz (N) with 40Mhz channel width => OK
Guest-Vlan 2.4Ghz => OK
SSH => OK
Telnet => OK
Port Forward => OK
WOL over the Internet => OK
USB 2.0 storage ext3 mount to JFFS => OK
USB 3.0 storage NTFS mount to MNT => OK
NAS Samba shared drive = OK
PPTP server => OK
Wi-viz 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz => OK

Netgear R6400v2otp
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
NiTrus wrote:

Shell scripts have to be checked, regular expressions might be a problem if they are not 100% correct. Ipkg includes a whole bunch of non valid regexes.

Sorry for the complete noob question here but can someone point me to the proper 24500 link for my EA6300 (version 1)?

I did not see a 24500 directory in the `Kong K3 AC DD-WRT Builds for Mipsel...` link.

TIA

Al

EA6500V1 (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/13/13) giga - build 22524)
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
NiTrus wrote:

Sorry for the complete noob question here but can someone point me to the proper 24500 link for my EA6300 (version 1)?

I did not see a 24500 directory in the `Kong K3 AC DD-WRT Builds for Mipsel...` link.

TIA

Al

EA6500V1 (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/13/13) giga - build 22524)

looks like its for arm-routers atm..Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: