ddwrt WRT310N Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

i do however have wrt320n which has been better to me than the wrt310, but really still doo doo.

Both of them being "ashtray" type routers with built in antennas which I think may be the culprit.

buddee wrote:

I use an Asus wl-520gU for my main router... yea i know G router, but to be honest, its been more stable than most of the N units i have.

I don't have a 310N but I know the hardware quite well and it much much better than the hardware in your Asus.
The 310N has a very good cpu and the radio + the lan switch are separate chips - it is an expensive construction.
Cpu's like the 535x series (5354 in your Asus) are all-in-one chips intended for cheaper entrylevel routers.

The 310N should, at least in theory, beat the shit out of that SOC (System On a Chip) construction.

It's a keeper! Very Happy

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

My WRT310N v2 router has been driving me insane. Since the day we got it the router has constantly been dropping connections (at first I thought it was the modem...but I am not hardware savvy). My friend told me I needed to install this DD WRT firmware to fix the problem, so he did it for me today.

However, connections speeds has been abysmal. In my room, which is about 15 feet away from the router, I'm getting a 40%-ish signal strength. Even when I am right beside it, I'm only getting about 80%. I constantly get dropped from games and web pages just won't load as quick as before. I am completely sick of our internet blowing out every day, especially when it rains, and it goes out for the entire day (though I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem as opposed to a cable problem)

Right now, my router is set to:
Network: mixed
Channel: 4
Channel width: 20MHz
TX 71

The firmware I'm using is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/03/10) mini - build 13832.
Any help is appreciated!!
boc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
claza wrote:
Hi all,

My WRT310N v2 router has been driving me insane. Since the day we got it the router has constantly been dropping connections (at first I thought it was the modem...but I am not hardware savvy). My friend told me I needed to install this DD WRT firmware to fix the problem, so he did it for me today.

However, connections speeds has been abysmal. In my room, which is about 15 feet away from the router, I'm getting a 40%-ish signal strength. Even when I am right beside it, I'm only getting about 80%. I constantly get dropped from games and web pages just won't load as quick as before. I am completely sick of our internet blowing out every day, especially when it rains, and it goes out for the entire day (though I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem as opposed to a cable problem)

Right now, my router is set to:
Network: mixed
Channel: 4
Channel width: 20MHz
TX 71

The firmware I'm using is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/03/10) mini - build 13832.
Any help is appreciated!!

Try this newer firmware:
ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin

I'm running that on my WRT310Nv2 in client bridge mode and it's working fine.
claza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've upgraded the firmware, but when I set it in client bridge mode, I couldn't connect. The signal strength is still low, though.
boc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
claza wrote:
I've upgraded the firmware, but when I set it in client bridge mode, I couldn't connect. The signal strength is still low, though.

If you want to use it as a normal router, then leave it in AP mode, not client bridge. I was just saying that I'm running the router as a bridge.

As for your signal issue, maybe something is wrong with your radio or antennae?
claza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
What can I do to fix the radio/antenna?
TriniShinu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a quick question about this router. Does installing the latest DD-WRT firmware enable Jumbo Frame support for it?
JohnnyO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
TriniShinu wrote:
I have a quick question about this router. Does installing the latest DD-WRT firmware enable Jumbo Frame support for it?

I do not know for sure, but reading notes from last May, the underlying switch drivers from Broadcom would need to support Jumbo frames and at that time, it was unknown.

So - based on that, my guess is the router does not support Jumbo frames with either DD-WRT or the default firmware.
pseudogee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 16:08    Post subject: WRT310n v2 latest stable build? Reply with quote
What's the latest stable build that will work on a WRT310n v2? I'm using mine as a client bridge, and having an issue where the CB fails to rejoin if the connection is dropped. I've tried both 14929 and 15940 builds suggested on the WRT310n v2 page, but both have the same problem.

Is there a newer stable build I could try? Could I go with any newer broadcom k2.6 mini build?

For instance, I have several linksys E900's as Client Bridges running on 19342, and they rejoin without any problems. Could I grab the broadcom k2.6 mini from 19342 and try it on the WRT310n?

I haven't seen anything suggesting I shouldn't do this, but trying not to brick it. Thanks.
pseudogee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47    Post subject: WRT310n latest firmware Reply with quote
Update, so I went with the 19342 firmware for the WRT310n v2, and it works like a charm. No more drop-out issues. I grabbed the broadcom k2.6 mini from 19342 and it worked well.
internalaudit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:58    Post subject: Re: WRT310n latest firmware Reply with quote
pseudogee wrote:
Update, so I went with the 19342 firmware for the WRT310n v2, and it works like a charm. No more drop-out issues. I grabbed the broadcom k2.6 mini from 19342 and it worked well.

Found Brainslayer's firmwares:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/broadcom_K26/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: