ddwrt WRT310N Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
moonlightinred
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it finally worked for me. I turned off AV, disabled the firewall, and set my IP to 192.168.1.2. Did the proper 30/30/30 and waited 5 minutes between flashes (just to be safe). I suppose these are the "duh" things, but it's been so long since I've flashed any that I suppose I forgot :P

So far, it seems to be working admirably. If it remains stable (I've been spoiled, I guess...my two previous router, a Buffalo and an ASUS, were exemplary in their performance), then I will be VERY happy with my purchase Very Happy
Sponsor
chakotay2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:07    Post subject: non-responsive or lockups Reply with quote
Has anyone had lockups or non-responsive behavior with this router?

Sometimes I can't get into the web page to configure it, sometimes I can and just can't surf the internet, and sometimes I can't get to the modem access page to reset it to see if that is the problem with the internet access.

I am using the latest firmware and have followed the peacock thread, 30/30/30...etc.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/21/09) std

Any suggestions?
Asher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the exact same problem daily. Updated to the 8/3/09 build with the same issue.

I mentioned this in the build thread and basically got told I didn't do a 30/30/30 reset (which I did). People have their head in the sand.

What's odd is some computers on the network are not affected. It'll happen to 1 or 2 of my 4 computers every night, the others will keep using it as normal. It doesn't matter if it's wireless or wired, DHCP or manual...it's indiscriminate.

For what it's worth, the v24-sp1 (yes, very old build) worked fine for me. I just started getting this problem when I upgraded to the latest builds, which has the problem.
chakotay2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:29    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did the 30/30/30 as well, and even tried going back to linksys then following the peacock thread "to the letter" and reinstalling DDWRT and issue hasn't changed.
givehimagun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 14:02    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote
chakotay2 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did the 30/30/30 as well, and even tried going back to linksys then following the peacock thread "to the letter" and reinstalling DDWRT and issue hasn't changed.

I have the same issue with 09/01/09 NEWD2 build as well.
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 310n v.1 seems to be working well. No lockups or freezing. Current build is 13064.

Proper hard resets before flashing, and a power cycle then another hard reset are essential. Do not re-use backup configs or you will re-introduce any nvram issues.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
lmaranhao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 20:54    Post subject: heat issues, connection dropping Reply with quote
I'm using my wrt310n + DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini for a couple of days now but I'm still not happy with it. Connection drops very often, it gets hot very easily and even when the connection doesn't drop I lose internet connection.

TX power set to 20 (I've tried 28 but it's still too hot)

anyone is facing similar issues?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 21:05    Post subject: Re: heat issues, connection dropping Reply with quote
lmaranhao wrote:
I'm using my wrt310n + DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini for a couple of days now but I'm still not happy with it. Connection drops very often, it gets hot very easily and even when the connection doesn't drop I lose internet connection.

TX power set to 20 (I've tried 28 but it's still too hot)

anyone is facing similar issues?

Yes...I added DDR memory heat sinks to the CPU and the wireless chips on mine. I don't get drop outs any longer.

Some are adding fans for cooling...the key is to cool it down somehow...this unit runs VERY hot.

You can also try Underclocking and see if the problem subsides....it doesn't have to run at 300MHz.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess im very lucky, because I have yet to have any problems with my 310N. I dont have any extra cooling or fans or anything, and its on like 24/7 as a repeater bridge. Mabie im just lucky?
1x WRT310N - TomatoUSB Dev Test Build 9-22-10
1x RT-N16 - TomatoUSB SVN Build 9-13-10
firedrakes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
so what the correct way to flash(firmware) then
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
firedrakes wrote:
so what the correct way to flash(firmware) then

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT310N_v1.0

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
drjlo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's my WRT310N story.
Got the 310N v.1, which suffered the dreaded internet speed slow-down issue. It then (fortunately?) died.

RMA's Linksys and received 310N v.2. Worked great for 3 days but started having the slow-down issues again, temporarily improving with power-cycle.

Flashed DD-WRT Mini. Thank goodness there's one for v.2 now. Eveything is working great now; hope it stays.

Question is.. Should I now flash the WWRT standard? (Is there a link to the v.2 standard?). What does standard *do* over mini?
All I want is stable throughput without slowing down over time. Is Standard throughput faster than Mini?
I don't need a whole lot of micro-controls or options beyond Mini.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
drjlo wrote:

Question is.. Should I now flash the WWRT standard? (Is there a link to the v.2 standard?). What does standard *do* over mini?
All I want is stable throughput without slowing down over time. Is Standard throughput faster than Mini?
I don't need a whole lot of micro-controls or options beyond Mini.

Feature wise is all explained in the wiki...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F

and no, the std does not perform any better than the mini. it just offers a few more options like https and CIFS etc, if you do not need this, then mini should work just fine.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
TxITGuy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
The most stable build I have found (of the "newer" builds) is dd-wrt.v24_02-22-10-r13968_mini_wrt310n. The ones past this build, the Access Restrictions seem not to work even following all the advice of resetting, etc.

I am running:

o Access Restrictions
o Ad-Block via Frater's script
o The exploit "preventer" script (just to make sure)
o WPA2-Personal with a 63 character random access key
o Tx power at 85
o Drilled the top of the unit so it looks like swiss cheese for cooling (seems to work)

That's it so your milage may vary depending on what you are doing in your setup. I have used DD-WRT for some five-six years on several differant Linksys models during that time and either a) the WRT310N stinks or b) I just don't know what I am doing. My WRT54G and WRT160N ran flawless for several years so who knows.

I hope this helps.
drjlo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
TxITGuy wrote:

o Tx power at 85
o Drilled the top of the unit so it looks like swiss cheese for cooling (seems to work)

I have slow speeds upstairs (damn these new routers without long external antennas), so I tried a range of Tx power from 28 to 100 on my WRT310N, and it made NO difference in downloads speeds or signal strength!

I'm using a 5 dbi antenna/USB wireless N dongle.

Here in So Cal, the router does get warm, so I tried flipping it over with the performations on the bottom facing up. Well, it worked for heat, but the internet speeds slowed down by 4-5 Mbps. I ended up putting my WRT310N on its side, which gave me the most speed on the first floor, but still no improvement upstairs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: