dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2.chk rejected by Netgear R6300V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
lessthanzach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all. I've got the CH Charter specific R6300V2 as well and found this place as their default firmware won't allow any of my external HDDs to be recognized for sharing - I honestly think they blocked the feature or something. However, it looks like the despiro links provided in here, which had the CH specific .chk files Kong made, are no longer working and I can't find any CH specific files on the new repo I found on this site.

Does anyone happen to still have this file they wouldn't mind adding to the site or uploading to a mirror temporarily to me? I am hopeful that some DD-WRT firmware can solve this issue for me.
Thanks, and sorry to register to just beg for freebies.
Sponsor
ws00001222
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/

Page Not Found.

Ehhh, is there a Plan B?? Shocked Rolling Eyes
tsynik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
ws00001222 wrote:
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/

Page Not Found.

Ehhh, is there a Plan B?? Shocked Rolling Eyes

Use Tor browser and the same URL above Wink
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk
lessthanzach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys rock. Thanks so much!
Rektifying
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
lessthanzach wrote:
You guys rock. Thanks so much!

Hello,

I will spare you the details on how I am beyond noob to DD-WRT and will get straight to the point.

I have the Charter Version of the R6300V2. How can I get DD-WRT on it? I have downloaded the firmware from your link. So do I just have to "update" my firmware to the file you linked?

Is there a new version of this file? Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post... lol. I meant to quote the post above yours. It sounds like you had success with your Charter R6300v2. What would I need to do?

UPDATE:
I was able to accomplish what I was trying to do. All I wanted to do was run the STOCK Netgear firmware on my Charter issued R6300v2, and not the Charter custom-stock firmware that comes standard. The Charter Custom-Stock firmware locks out some of the R6300v2's features, such as App control and such.

I figured if I could flash over to DD-WRT, I then could "trick" the router into installing the Netgear Stock Firmware, hoping it would "forget" that it was a Charter Issued Router. It worked. I flashed the DD-WRT firmware. Once I was in, I then flashed the latest stock Netgear firmware from within the DD-WRT firmware. Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: