PPPoE bridge only

sWORDs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 16:37    Post subject: PPPoE bridge only Reply with quote
How do I set a dd-wrt router to only do PPPoE.

Basically what it want it to do is make a PPPoE connection (with username and pass) and DHCP the public ip to a router behind dd-wrt. Like turning it in to a PPPoE modem. If possible it would be perfect if it could make that PPPoE connection to a tagged VLAN in a trunk (But I could untag it on a managed switch first if needed).
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've never tried to do a PPPoE bridge, but you may try:
Setup -> Basic -> DHCP Type = DHCP Forwarder and/or disable DHCP Server right below it.

You might also read this:
http://lab.stefanoperna.it/archives/tutorial-2/networking/linking-dd-wrt-routers-with-dhcp-forwarder-option/

sWORDs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
With router behind ddwrt I ment a router on the LAN side, not WAN, or I'm not understanding your solution.
NTU (fiber to ethernet)->DDWRT (PPPoE on VLAN)->Asus AC87U (DHCP Client WAN and NAT, DHCP Server LAN)

If it's possible without the VLAN I can put a managed switch in front of the dd-wrt router to untag first.

The reason for this weird solution is that I want to use level 2 CTF on the Asus for NAT and it can't with PPPoE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: