Wds Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
lfelix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 14:48    Post subject: Wds Issue Reply with quote
Hi all,
i've two WDR4300 with dd-wrt on board. When i setup WDS and then i try to access to the web interface, the router reboots.

Telnet is still working. Only mode to re login in the web interface is to erase the nvram.

One of this router was upgraded with latest build (beta) 04-18-2014-r23919, but the issue still remain.

For reproduce problem: set 5-ghz antenna only to WDS-AP, enable a WDS client, setup security. Save, Apply and reboot and you stuck in the issue.

Best regards.
Sponsor
courtarro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 19:42    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote
I just ran across this exact same problem myself. I believe the reboot has something to do with how the web interface draws the details of the WDS settings on the Info page, which happens to be part of index.asp. I can actually access many other pages of the web interface. Here are some pages that work fine:

Wireless, Basic Settings
    Wireless, Wireless Security
    Wireless, Ath0-WDS
    Wireless, Ath1-WDS
    Status, Router
    Status, LAN
    Status, WAN

Pages that DO NOT work:

Status, Wireless
    Status, Sys-Info

I ran Wireshark while the page was loading and found that the same string is being generated in both cases. It was the data related to the WDS settings.

The raw text that was being produced is visible in this pastebin. The important part is this:

Quote:
.setWirelessTable('xx:xx:xx:xx:44:80','ath0.wds0','0:00:28','1M','1M','0','-95','95','1160'

After that, the connection dies and the router reboots. Note that I tried all of this with no WDS client - this is only the WDS AP, waiting for a connection.

Poking around in the code for Status_Wireless.asp, I see on line 116 the statement:

Code:
setWDSTable(<% active_wds(0); %>);

I haven't been able to track down where active_wds() lives, but I bet it's the culprit.
courtarro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been trying various older builds, trying to track down exactly when the problem began. I've been walking through the changes in wireless_broadcom.c, where the active_wds functions seem to live. So far I have found that the status of the following revisions, re: this bug:

18777: works
    20675: works
    23204: has bug
    23919: has bug

For now I'm going to put 20675 on my routers to avoid the bug, but it's quite old (over a year old). I don't have an educated way to know which of the other builds are worth trying, and it takes a while to set each one up to test. I am happy to debug if there is more information available. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: