YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Set your modem-router to bridged and enable the Wan port on the dd-wrt router. Yamon needs to see the wan port on it's router to report the traffic.
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
freddy0872 wrote:

I know its not YAMon 2 related but you all here are just awesome. Any one have any thoughts at all? Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions on where to start.
Thanks guys!
Keep up the good work AL! Look forward to using 3.0 once I get this issue worked out.

I'm running Kong's 29020M on 2 R7000's both running YAMon with no issues. USB sticks on USB2 ports only.

gags9999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Set your modem-router to bridged and enable the Wan port on the dd-wrt router. Yamon needs to see the wan port on it's router to report the traffic.

Thanks for your response. The trouble is that I don't see any option of setting the modem-router (TP-Link W8970) to bridge mode. I have tried enabling WAN on my router (TP-Link 1043ND running DD-WRT) both with dynamic and static options. I have changed the WAN ip to the same range as the modem-router ip and set the lan ip to a different range. But I just can't get the internet to pass through such a connection. Can somebody help how to go about it? Thanks.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 14:40    Post subject: Re: No Download Values Reply with quote
gags9999 wrote:
Hi everybody. I flashed my new router with DD-WRT only for running YAMon. I was able to install it and get to the reports page. But unfortunately it is showing only uploaded data and downloaded data values remain zero. The router's WAN port is disabled as it connects to a modem-router but it acts as a DHCP server for the whole network (DHCP server disabled on the modem-router). I really need this to work. Please suggest a way out. Thanks.

You can try turning on the wan port and connecting it to the modem. turn off nat in the modem. If you can't get that to work and you really want YAMon, Replace the 8970 with an adsl modem (no built in router or wifi).

gags9999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 19:49    Post subject: Re: No Download Values Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
gags9999 wrote:
Hi everybody. I flashed my new router with DD-WRT only for running YAMon. I was able to install it and get to the reports page. But unfortunately it is showing only uploaded data and downloaded data values remain zero. The router's WAN port is disabled as it connects to a modem-router but it acts as a DHCP server for the whole network (DHCP server disabled on the modem-router). I really need this to work. Please suggest a way out. Thanks.

You can try turning on the wan port and connecting it to the modem. turn off nat in the modem. If you can't get that to work and you really want YAMon, Replace the 8970 with an adsl modem (no built in router or wifi).

Tried turning off NAT but it didn't work. I was also able to put the modem into bridge mode but still couldn't configure the router to connect to the internet. I have static ip over PPPOE which doesn't have a user name or password. I tried using static ip in router settings with the ISP provided IP settings but no go. Maybe I am missing something here.

As for the standalone modem, there is hardly any available in the local market, offline or online. If nothing works, may be then I'll try hard to find one here or import from US.
NetSpeedZ
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is a router with USB support required for this script? If not, any posted process to install it on WRT54G router?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
NetSpeedZ wrote:
Is a router with USB support required for this script? If not, any posted process to install it on WRT54G router?

USB support is *not* required... it just makes your life a lot easier.

You *will* require a location where you can store permanent copies of the data files created by YAMon. The `config.file` allows you to specify the paths to that location. It really becomes an issue of configuration within DD-WRT - i.e., how do you set up a Samba directory or a NAS drive or CIFs path...

Now, having said that, I've always had a router with a USB port so I actually don't know how to do that Laughing

Al
NetSpeedZ
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
NetSpeedZ wrote:

USB support is *not* required... it just makes your life a lot easier.

You *will* require a location where you can store permanent copies of the data files created by YAMon. The `config.file` allows you to specify the paths to that location. It really becomes an issue of configuration within DD-WRT - i.e., how do you set up a Samba directory or a NAS drive or CIFs path...

Now, having said that, I've always had a router with a USB port so I actually don't know how to do that Laughing

Al

Appreciate the feedback.

How about keeping the scripts on an FTP server and have the YAMON script pulled down to the router in a start-up script? I've seen scripts that do this. Might be a good option for those of us who use older equipment that does not have USB/SD Card mod (for no other reason then it still works).

------------
gags9999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can YAMon be installed on Gargoyle? If yes, then how to proceed? Thanks.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
gags9999 wrote:

Short answer - I don't know.

From what I've learned about Gargoyle, it is based upon OpenWRT. YAMon runs on OpenWRT so it might on Gargoyle as well. I suggest that you set _firmware=1 in config.file and then let'r rip.

The v3 install script at http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 will make the setup and configuration process easier. If you don't already have a USB drive, you can try installing in /tmp as a preliminary step.

I'd love to have the time to test YAMon under every firmware variant myself... Sadly, things like a full-time job, family, and the need for sleep keep getting it the way. (No, I'm not yet able to retire on the donations Wink)

Please let me know how it goes!
Al
gags9999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
gags9999 wrote:

Short answer - I don't know.

From what I've learned about Gargoyle, it is based upon OpenWRT. YAMon runs on OpenWRT so it might on Gargoyle as well. I suggest that you set _firmware=1 in config.file and then let'r rip.

The v3 install script at http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 will make the setup and configuration process easier. If you don't already have a USB drive, you can try installing in /tmp as a preliminary step.

I'd love to have the time to test YAMon under every firmware variant myself... Sadly, things like a full-time job, family, and the need for sleep keep getting it the way. (No, I'm not yet able to retire on the donations Wink)

Please let me know how it goes!
Al

Thanks a lot for your response. I have already configured YAMon2 on a USB which is mounted to /tmp/usb_mount/dev_sda1 in Gargoyle. I had edited the config file to replace the same. The script does start up and stop with ssh commands. Initially I was not getting the YAMon web interface but on searching this thread, I added a symlink (/www/user to /tmp/www) and I was able to access the web GUI. But now I am getting the following errors.

Code:
/tmp/usb_mount/dev_sda1/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh: line 1: nvram: not found
ln: /tmp/www/yamon2.html: File exists
root@OPD-Router:~# awk: /proc/net/ip_conntrack: No such file or directory
awk: /proc/net/ip_conntrack: No such file or directory

On further searching this thread, I did come across a probable solution for this but don't know how to implement this.

Quote:
Well to get it working it is literally those 2 things
LAN_IFACE=br-lan
and
"ip_conntrack" -> "nf_conntrack"

Though I am able to get to YAMon interface but guess it is not being updated with any data values. But on seeing the logs and hourly files (Curiously, all the logs and hourly files are being stored in /var/www and there is no directory like /tmp/www), both download and uploads values are being populated. Can you please help me with this? Thanks.
NetSpeedZ
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about keeping the YAMon scripts on an FTP server and have the YAMON script pulled down to the router in a start-up script? I've seen scripts that do this. Might be a good option for those of us who use older equipment that does not have USB/SD Card mod (for no other reason then it still works).

------------
ksolomon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to get YAMon to only pay attention to traffic going to/from the WAN port? As it stands, my usage numbers are skewed from what Shaw (my ISP) shows. The only explanation I can come up with is that the script is counting things like my desktop's nightly backup to my local file server in it's usage calculation, which is showing me using more bandwidth than I actually am. I've included screenshots from both YAMon and Shaw to show the difference...as you can see, YAMon is showing almost 100GB more usage than Shaw.

Any ideas?

YAMon:

Shaw (My ISP):
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
ksolomon wrote:
Is it possible to get YAMon to only pay attention to traffic going to/from the WAN port? As it stands, my usage numbers are skewed from what Shaw (my ISP) shows. The only explanation I can come up with is that the script is counting things like my desktop's nightly backup to my local file server in it's usage calculation, which is showing me using more bandwidth than I actually am. I've included screenshots from both YAMon and Shaw to show the difference...as you can see, YAMon is showing almost 100GB more usage than Shaw.

Any ideas?

Or the information from your ISP is not current/realtime.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
HalfBit wrote:
ksolomon wrote:

Any ideas?

Or the information from your ISP is not current/realtime.

When I started working on YAMon I presumed my ISP was wrong. After running it for several years now, I can confirm that their numbers are accurate (although, my ISP's reports are generally a day or two behind).

If iptables picks up the activity, it is included in YAMon's totals. I suspect that more sophisticated rules in iptables would allow me filter the `internal` traffic... I just don't know enough about iptables rules yet.

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 106 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: