Wan vlan routing bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Aveyer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:18    Post subject: Wan vlan routing bug? Reply with quote
There seems to be a problem with vlan routing.
I'm using a TP-Link WR841N v8 with the latest build (I also tried the oldest available build.

I tag vlan 20 on eth0 (Wan port)
I then choose eth0.20 as Wan assignment.

The default config then seems to bridge eth0 with eth1 and ath0, this causes the DHCP server to bleed out to the WAN side which caused me some hassle as a service provider.

So to fix that I had to manually unbridge eth0.

Then there's a second problem, when the above config is used, whenever I make any changes from the Wan side (remote management) such as simply changing the wireless channel and applying the settings, it causes the router to simply stop responding and stop routing.

It no longer provides internet to the customer and it doesn't even respond to pings from Wan side.

A simple power cycle will bring it back and it works again until I apply any settings.

Has anyone else seen this?

I have tested the same setup using OpenWrt and this doesn't happen at all, it stays working fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: