EKO LEFT - Is this correct ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gaganwalia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 15:17    Post subject: EKO LEFT - Is this correct ???? Reply with quote
I heard EKO left the project. If this is correct then WRT routers are not supported anymore. and then, this is not dd-wrt anymore. there is no WRT left here, it is all other wireless cards, but the original project that started was for the WRT routers. what a shame it is to actually forget your ancestors. This is really very very SAD. Now it is more commercial than helping the world. exactly what happened to sveasoft. Very sad. I wish EKO would help again one day. Or someone who thinks and respects what dd-wrt actually stood for and remembers the old days. I am sorry. I cant explain how I feel about this.
Sponsor
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes EKO did leave but his builds are still here.

dd-wrt is still active. brainslayer still makes...working builds, Kong makes builds for newer asus and netgear routers, and fractal makes builds for newer linksys routers.

first, read the peacock and other stickys here in the broadcom forums. i would also like to remind you that brainslayers and fractals builds are considered test builds and should be flashed with caution. if you have the tools to recover, go for it.

and READ EVERYTHING in kongs ftp folders if you are going to flash a kong build.

fractal builds on basmaf ftp

Brainslayers Builds

Kongs Builds

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
gaganwalia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply bro. I do know that EKO and BS builds are still there, what I did not know was the KONG builds. Now I gotta study this for a while. (kong builds link is not working. it ssys FORBIDDEN)

I still wish that the builds for wrt600N and 54G/GS/GL routers were updated. I still love those old routers, they are rock solid. My GL has been on for 989 days and the 600N for 643 days now, without any noticeable degradation in performance.

I wish WRT support were still continued.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is are builds for the wrt600nand wrt54g/gs released 17 days ago. ftp://dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/03-13-2014-r23720/broadcom/

Not supported enough?

Navigation

Jump to: