TRENDnet TEW-811DRU [experiences so far]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
angler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 14:15    Post subject: Re: issue after flashing to latest release Reply with quote
was able to get to mine @192.168.0.251 YMMV.
was able to flash to r42335 mini
44715 and 44809 are reported to work.

gujab81 wrote:
OK only problem is I cannot access the device anymore after flashing. Not sure if device has old IP or a default one. I cannot tell either as there is no dhcp being done. does anyone one know of this happening after flashing. By this I mean having device become layer 2 dum switch, rather than router?

Thanks
Sponsor
mwolfe38
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI on firmware -
I have two tew-811dru routers I purchased years ago on clearance for like $10/each. I recently pulled one from a bin in the garage to hook up a receiver that has ethernet but no wi-fi. It had dd-wrt from 2013 so I decided to upgrade it to the latest. It's now running v3.0-r46836

which I picked up from dd-wrt beta folder.
Seems to be running fine.
My other router is running Firmware: v3.0-r30880 mini (11/14/16). That router runs a bit cooler (75 degrees C vs 81 degrees C).

The reason I upgraded the one I just hooked up was because I noticed it ran hotter. The firmware upgrade didn't help. Perhaps I could try to match the other one though.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
We are not going to have another "device thread" that will turn into a 200-page cesspool of cumbersome information that doesn't serve the community. Flash and report in the build threads, open new threads to discuss issues; use the forum search or web search engine to see if there is already a thread about your issue first.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: