TRENDnet TEW-811DRU [experiences so far]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
bluzfanmr1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
prax1s wrote:
What was your procedure for preparing/formatting the usb stick?

I used GParted to format it as Ext2, enabled the USB support and mounted it on /opt. Once that is working I used this link to install Entware to the USB:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284490

Then you can install packages from this list:

http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/Packages.html

I also used the USB space to store the MVPS hosts file to block ads at the router. That way you do not need to enter the settings on each device in the house. I added a couple of iptable commands to force all DNS traffic through the router so the kids can't bypass it with local DNS settings.

My favorite part was being able to install and use YAmon3. It's amazing to see all the data on your network and how it's used.

***RIP***TRENDnet TEW-811DRU***FRIED***

Sponsor
famewolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
bluzfanmr1 wrote:
prax1s wrote:

I used GParted to format it as Ext2, enabled the USB support and mounted it on /opt. Once that is working I used this link to install Entware to the USB:

[url][/url]

[url][/url]

I also used the USB space to store the MVPS hosts file to block ads at the router. That way you do not need to enter the settings on each device in the house. I added a couple of iptable commands to force all DNS traffic through the router so the kids can't bypass it with local DNS settings.

My favorite part was being able to install and use YAmon3. It's amazing to see all the data on your network and how it's used.

You are not actually adding any swap space though..not sure how the presence of a usb would help in that scenario. On my last router where i was using entware I actually mounted a swapfile on boot to give it 128mb of swap placed on a usb hd I had available but a flash drive would work similarly. The old optware documentation had some info related to swapfiles: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware

Well just reverted my router to 12/24 build as many others have and changed westwood to vegas. My issues with streaming music breaking up *poof* vanished. It's a shame the fact I upgraded the router firmware didn't occur to me when this issue started about a month ago.
bluzfanmr1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
famewolf wrote:
bluzfanmr1 wrote:
prax1s wrote:

[url][/url]

[url][/url]

You are not actually adding any swap space though..not sure how the presence of a usb would help in that scenario. On my last router where i was using entware I actually mounted a swapfile on boot to give it 128mb of swap placed on a usb hd I had available but a flash drive would work similarly. The old optware documentation had some info related to swapfiles: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware

Well just reverted my router to 12/24 build as many others have and changed westwood to vegas. My issues with streaming music breaking up *poof* vanished. It's a shame the fact I upgraded the router firmware didn't occur to me when this issue started about a month ago.

You are correct about the swap file and I do realize that. For whatever reason, the router stabilized and the weird issues stopped after adding the external storage and enabling the USB support. I did try to play around with swap just to gain some experience in doing such a thing, but I could never get it working because it isn't enabled on that version of BusyBox and I couldn't figure out how to get past that.

Now I'm on to trying to set up a separate dnsmasq server on one of my hacked Pogoplugs where I've installed Arch Linux and/or Debian Wheezy. We'll see if taking dnsmasq from the router lightens the load any more than the current setup.

aborigine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 23:48    Post subject: TEW-811DRU printing Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install printer with TEW-811DRU. I uploaded DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14)std - as I had mini installed before, but even in std build I was not able to find JFFS and router does not seem to list my printer when I lookup with lsusb.
Any ideas which build supports printer in TEW-811DRU and is stable?

Thanks in advance
logster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 19:04    Post subject: TEW-811DRU Requires reboot after any change Reply with quote
Hi. I am using the 12/24/15 beta and it is solid except any change I make does not take effect unless I reboot the device! Any idea why? even though I save and apply changes from the GUI. Help!
bluzfanmr1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 19:27    Post subject: Re: TEW-811DRU Requires reboot after any change Reply with quote
logster wrote:
Hi. I am using the 12/24/15 beta and it is solid except any change I make does not take effect unless I reboot the device! Any idea why? even though I save and apply changes from the GUI. Help!

I know in my experience there are many things that do not work until reboot, which I don't think is unusual. Things like changing the wireless channels seem to work without reboot in my case but firewall changes or dns changes normally need a reboot. Is it every single thing needs a reboot for you?

logster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:09    Post subject: Re: TEW-811DRU Requires reboot after any change Reply with quote
bluzfanmr1 wrote:
logster wrote:

I know in my experience there are many things that do not work until reboot, which I don't think is unusual. Things like changing the wireless channels seem to work without reboot in my case but firewall changes or dns changes normally need a reboot. Is it every single thing needs a reboot for you?

Right, any change in wireless settings and passwords do not take effect until reboot. Also, Access control does not seem to work at all!
snehne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 16:11    Post subject: MAC filter Reply with quote
Does anyone use the mac filter function on this router?

It seems to me that the filter is associated with physical interface rather than SSID; is this true?

Thanks

SN
bluzfanmr1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had bricked this router many times and was always able to fix it via the Emergency miniWeb Server. Today I could not fix it and it was stuck in a boot loop no matter what I tried.

I decided to try shorting the pins as posted by SleepyBum earlier in this thread. Much to my surprise it worked! I couldn't believe it!

I did have to try several times as I could not get the timing right. What I eventually did was open a terminal window and ran an endless ping of 192.168.10.1 and that allowed me to see when the router was finally communicating. I was then able to upload the image.

Many thanks to SleepyBum for his contribution to this thread!

OctaneZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 19:54    Post subject: v3.0-r30805 mini (10/27/16) running fine Reply with quote
Router: Trendnet TEW811DRU
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30805 mini (10/27/16)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r29362 mini (03/28/16)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.28-rc1 #1540 Thu Oct 27 08:45:29 CEST 2016 armv7l
Image: trendnet-811dru-webflash.bin
Reset: No
Errors: None

CPU Temperature: CPU 71.9 °C / WL0 53.3 °C / WL1 58.3 °C

Just an update, I am having success with the latest build, have not encountered any issues:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/03-28-2016-r29362/trendnet-811DRU/
logster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 21:52    Post subject: Slow 2.4Ghz Speed Reply with quote
Has any one tried any builds for the TEW-811DRU that can speed up the 2.4Ghz? I have 30Mbps with my ISP and I get that with 5Ghz but 2.4Ghz gives me 3-4Mbps. I saw others also post this issue earlier this year and late last year. Thanks!
nwaves
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 19:57    Post subject: DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 mini (12/15/16) Reply with quote
Router Model: Trendnet TEW811DRU
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 mini (12/15/16)

Reset: no
Errors: Very few TX errors (0.006%) on 2.4 GHz and 0.0026% on 5Ghz radio

The only way to get 867 Mbps up and the 5GHz recognized by all 5GHz enabled devices was to have the following settings:

Regulatory Domain: United States
Regulatory Mode: 802.11h Loose
TPC Mitigation Factor: 0 (Disabled)

Mode: AP
Network: AC/N-Mixed
Channel: 153 + 155
Channel Width: Wide HT40
Extension Channel: Upper Lower
TX Power: Auto
Rate: 866.5 Mbps
Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enable
Optimize Multicast Traffic: Disable
Explicit Beamforming: Disable
Implicit Beamforming: Disable
Airtime Fairness: Disable
Network Configuration: Bridged

I have two weeks on it, so far so good.

Thanks developers!
Datlore001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running an older build (from 2015) on an 811DRU. It has an overclocking box in the Admin page. When I overclock to 1000 or 1200 and hit Apply, the status page shows 1000 or 1200 as the clockspeed. However, the BogoMIPS measurement remains the same when I SSH in and get cpuinfo. I had no success setting the clock using nvram set clkfreq through SSH. Any suggestions?
macexperts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:07    Post subject: cannot change DDNS information Reply with quote
hi, on the tew-811DRU
suddenly i cannot change the DDNS information
i can type into the fields and change the pulldown menu to CUSTOM but save and apply keys do not function

i tried about 6 browsers and on one lesser used browser you can see briefly 'script error' flash by - all other browsers the page does nothing when you try to update info

i went back to 2015 builds and i'm on todays build 2/27 and no dice - i tried about 6 builds randomly

i can't remember when the last time i modified the DDNS fields was but it is not default setting - i probably last modified it when i set it up with dd-wrt initially which has been a while

any ideas other than a full reset and hours of programming everything back?

thanks and best regards to everyone
ad777
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone have experience with this?
bricked my 811dru when upgrade fw, after doing pin shorting, able to get back to the TRENDnet Emergency miniWeb Server at http://192.168.10.1/ but can't loan any fw including the trendnet original fw, but can load the initial factory-to-ddwrt fw only, that fw is very unstable, whenever i changed setting, it die and i have to do 30-30-30 to get it back.
tia

Chanchu wrote:
I am new here and new to the DD-WRT.

Recently bought TRENDnet TEW-811DRU AC1200I, installed dd-wrt, firmware: DD-WRT V3.0-R27506 (7/9/15) on this router.

everything went ok, installed and running, when I try to get into the wifi settings a message comes up

A username and password are being requested by http://192.168.1.1. The site says: "DD-WRT"

tried combinations, admin/root/password, tried the 30/30/30 reset a few times but nothing is working for me to get into settings, right now its open unsecure wifi connection, it goes to connect to internet though.

also tried the router default user/pass nothing works.

somebody please help, thanks, also I donot see any 5 ghz signal either, thanks in advance.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: