E2500 V3 Working Bin Page-3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
WhizzWr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 16:38    Post subject: Linksys E2500 v3: What is the expected throughput? Reply with quote
Hi guys, looking for answers from E2500 owner.

I bought Linksys E2500v3 since I was looking for mid-range Broadcom-based router to run 3rd party fimrwares.

However I am a bit disappointed with the speed as I can only push the wireless link into 50 Mbps up/down on my symmetric 100 Mbps internet connection. That's for 2,4 Ghz btw. The 5Ghz performance is even worse, for some reason it was capped to 30-40 Mbps.

2.4 GHz

5 Ghz

The speed numbers are similar with stock firmware and Tomato, haven't tried DD-wrt yet since Fractal's build is experimental according to wiki,but given this issue will try dd-wrt soonish when i have free time.

I am talking about speed with the router in 3-4 meters no wall reach radius (it's for a single room) with Intel 2x2 7260 Laptop (link speed 300 mbps). I have fine tuned the wireless to occupy most less busy channels, tries to toggle 20/40 MHz options, toggling preamble options, use AES cipher and even tried different MIMO capable devices

By comparison, my backup router D-Link DIR412 N150 + DD -WRT achieved 40 - 50 Mbps (on 150 Mbps link) just fine with the similar config (channel, wireless mode, etc) and distance, so I think something is off with my E2500, I was under impression I should be able to push 60-70 MBps on 5 Ghz with E2500. No USB devices to share the bus with 5Ghz either.

To those who can get better speed, can you share your settings and firmware version, please?

Cheers,

Whizz

TP-Link TL-WR841N v8.4 (RB mode) -> v24-sp2 Std build 22102 (last used build)
^ Reverted to Stock 3.13.33 Build 130506 Rel.48660n
Sponsor
dnanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:31    Post subject: Repeater Bridge settings Reply with quote
Hi Y'all, I'm new to this post, and new to using DD-WRT. So, I'm hoping I can find some guidance here. I'm trying to set up a repeater bridge using an E2500, but to no avail.

Host AP: Netgear R6220 with firmware V1.1.0.34_1.0.1
Repeater unit: Linksys E2500 V3

The Netgear is wired to the modem.
- This router's IP (LAN port) is 10.0.0.1
- It says it's internet port's IP is 24.143.57.189
- It's security is set as WPA2-PSK [AES]
- Channel is set as Auto

The Netgear is downstairs at one end of the house, and my office is upstairs at the opposite end of the house. Internet keeps cutting out in the office, so want to set up the repeater bridge. I wish to connect my laptop, and other devices, wirelessly to the repeater. It would also be nice to have wired connection working to. It is fine for all devices on our home network to be able to see one another. Due to the stairs, and lack of holes through the floor, I wish not to run cables between the Netgear & Linksys.

I initially flashed AdvancedTomato: tomato-E2500v3USB-NVRAM60K-1.28.AT-RT-N5x-MIPSR2-3.3-138-Mega-VPN
However, then I realized that Tomato did not appear to support the Repeater Bridge option, and I did not have success setting up the WPS.

After a 30-30-30, I flashed back to stock E2500V3 firmware.

30-30-30, then flashed Fractal's dd-wrt.v24-23569_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500V3.bin

30-30-30, then flashed dd-wrt.v24-26947_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e2500.bin per recommendations on this forum.

30-30-30 reset to finish the process.

After logging on to the E2500, I tried following the procedure on http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge for setting up the Repeater Bridge.

This did not seem to work. I could connect to the wireless, but there was no internet connection. I had set the IP to static on the AP, and then specifying the IP on the E2500. (I had attempted both IP's from the Netgear) After I did this, I could no longer log into the E2500. So I did another 30-30-30, and then retried the process, but still with out success.

So, for those of you who have had success in setting up a repeater bridge, what settings do you modify, and how do they relate to the settings of the host AP?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! If you want more settings details of what I've tried, just let me know what specifically you want to know.

And by the way, Y'all have a great Thanksgiving this weekend. May it be one of great rejoicing!

Thanks,
David
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:39    Post subject: Re: Repeater Bridge settings Reply with quote
dnanne wrote:
Hi Y'all, I'm new to this post, and new to using DD-WRT. So, I'm hoping I can find some guidance here. I'm trying to set up a repeater bridge using an E2500, but to no avail...........

See if 'this how to do repeater bridge' will help.
Same thing you been reading but done from a different angle Razz

EDIT:
'this (more detail)' on old wrt54G might help if you have never setup a repeater bridge before.
Tells what you need to know before you even try.
dnanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Mrjcd,

I'll try that later today, and see if I can get it working. I'll let you know the status once I do.

David
dnanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some clarification on setting up the IP addresses. On the host AP, should I choose to use a Static IP, or to receive one dynamically from the ISP? I am assumig static since the RB will have the AP's IP in its settings.

I've attached a couple images of the AP (R6220) IP info as reference.[/img]

Thanks,
David

R6220 Router Info.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.33 KB
 Viewed:  15254 Time(s)

R6220 Router Info.jpg

R6220 IP addresses.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.29 KB
 Viewed:  15254 Time(s)

R6220 IP addresses.jpg

Last edited by dnanne on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10; edited 2 times in total
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
dnanne wrote:
Some clarification on setting up the IP addresses. On the host AP, should I choose to use a Static IP, or to receive one dynamically from the ISP? I am assumig static since the RB will have the AP's IP in its settings.

I've attached a couple images of the AP (R6220) IP info as reference.[/img]

Thanks,
David

You pics are way to big for forum use. You should resize them. width 600~800max ... your 2nd pic is 1339px .. Mods will
remove if you don't resize!

Your only concern w/host router is what its LAN IP & subnet mask is and what the SSID & password is. You shouldn't change
anything with it ... unless it is using some worthless security type. All this is mentioned in links I provided.

According to pic your LAN is in the 10.0.0.0 subnet and guessing with 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. You need to set the
Repeater Bridge IP to something like 10.0.0.200 as long as 10.0.0.200 is not being used by something else.

Reset the E2500 then plug it into your computer and on main setup page:
WAN Connection Type = disable
Local IP = 10.0.0.200
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 10.0.0.1
DHCP type = disable
set time zone
Click 'Apply settings'
now set a static IP on you computer to something like 10.0.0.201 and log back into the e2500 at 10.0.0.200
continue to follow all steps setting up the RB
When it is connected to the host router it will show in the status/wireless page --- then you can set your computer back
to dhcp and it should get an IP from the R6220.

Read it all thru and don't make it more complicated than it is.....
dnanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Mrjcd for the note on the pictures. I agree, they were large, I tamed them down.

Your instruction links were very helpful for getting further in the process.
- After switching the computer back to DHCP I could browse internet well.
- I added the VAP, and it showed up as broadcasting. However, the phone could not obtain an IP address. The laptop connected, but with the msg: Limited Connection. I rebooted the router, and it remained the same results. (at this point I only created the VAP, and it is unsecure)
- Currently, I can browse internet with my computers wireless off, and connected via LAN to the RB E2500., but the wireless function is not working for me.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate your knowledge you share on this forum.

Cheers,
David
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
dnanne wrote:
Thank you Mrjcd for the note on the pictures. I agree, they were large, I tamed them down.

Your instruction links were very helpful for getting further in the process.
- After switching the computer back to DHCP I could browse internet well.
- I added the VAP, and it showed up as broadcasting. However, the phone could not obtain an IP address. The laptop connected, but with the msg: Limited Connection. I rebooted the router, and it remained the same results. (at this point I only created the VAP, and it is unsecure)
- Currently, I can browse internet with my computers wireless off, and connected via LAN to the RB E2500., but the wireless function is not working for me.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate your knowledge you share on this forum.

Cheers,
David

Can't tell you much more...I don't have the ver3 E2500.
But since you are already running a K3.x build I would think about a newer build.
If the VAP is broadcasting it should work if you set it up per instructions. You should enable security on the VAP also.
AND 9 times out of 12 (with the old E2500v1) you need to do a restart after everyting is configured correctly --
-- If you don't usually wireless cannot connect to the VAP, can't get IP or can't get DNS or can't authenticate.
Double check it all and do a reboot -
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
dnanne wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yea, David, just one more thing.....
After you get this working but decide it really isn't good as you thought it might be then ---
Install Shibby Tomato on the E2500.
Use 'ethernet wireless bridge' on the 5GHz to bridge with your R6220.
Use the E2500 ports and 2.4GHz for your connections.
You will be happier this way.
I haved a E2500v1 setup this way for many months that works very well.
Just need to make sure it will be within 5GHz range for decent signal for bridge.
e.g.- Mine is really stretching the range outside hanging in RV barn with best locked-on rate I
can get with it is 54Mbps if bridged to my main WNDR3700v4.
It stays locked on at 108 Mbps when I have the EA8500 running as main router.
But this setup is by far better than a Repeater Bridge.

good luck -
f00b4r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have an E2500V3 (which is essentially the same HW has V1/V2 save for larger flash and USB).

As I'm trying to move away from Tomato and its totally outdated 2.6.22 kernel, I tftp-flashed dd-wrt.v24-30880_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e2500.bin after hexing the first 4 bytes to pass validation from CFE ("25V3"). 30-30-30 performed. It boots, hardware is properly detected and initialized (except for 5GHz but that's expected at that point) and I can log-in via telnet over LAN and wireless, however any attempt to access the web gui crashes httpd.

I have serial on the device and can investigate further if that can help.

HTH
dnanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
dnanne wrote:
Any suggestions?

After you get this working but decide it really isn't good as you thought it might be then ---
-

Thank you for the advice Mrjcd. From reading the forum, your suggestions is precisely what I thought would work best, so that is what I tried originally. I flashed tomato-E2500v3USB-NVRAM60K-1.28.AT-RT-N5x-MIPSR2-3.3-138-Mega-VPN.bin from stock, and attempted to set up the communication between the two on the 5GHz. But it did not work. I was thinking that I was not able to properly set up the WPS on the R6220 end. But perhaps I should go back to Tomato, and retry again. Do you have any instructional outlines for that process (similar to the guides you sent me to earlier?

The past few days I have not got to playing further with the E2500, and have a long ethernet running down the hall so I can be plugged in to where the E2500 receives ~50% signal. This is working to get me reliable internet currently, but is not the ideal solution yet.

David
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
dnanne wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
dnanne wrote:
Any suggestions?

-

Thank you for the advice Mrjcd. From reading the forum, your suggestions is precisely what I thought would work best, so that is what I tried originally. I flashed tomato-E2500v3USB-NVRAM60K-1.28.AT-RT-N5x-MIPSR2-3.3-138-Mega-VPN.bin from stock, and attempted to set up the communication between the two on the 5GHz. But it did not work. I was thinking that I was not able to properly set up the WPS on the R6220 end. But perhaps I should go back to Tomato, and retry again. Do you have any instructional outlines for that process (similar to the guides you sent me to earlier?

The past few days I have not got to playing further with the E2500, and have a long ethernet running down the hall so I can be plugged in to where the E2500 receives ~50% signal. This is working to get me reliable internet currently, but is not the ideal solution yet.

David

Don't be trying to use any WPS...just don't...never.
Ref Tomato -
For what you are doing I would not use anything later than 132...you certainly don't need the dual WAN. Slightly older Shibby builds 124 or 128 will do all you need.
LRCbns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have a Linksys E2500 V3 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/18/14) mega - build 23919
Really need to upgrade that firmware. Needs are very simple, just router for wifi and hardwire. So I think will stick with K2.6. Question I have is what build? Looking at Index of /betas/2016/12-15-2016-r30949/broadcom_K26/ and from what I have seen of some posting I need to go with either mega-nv60k or mega-nv64k. Am not sure which it is. Any advice?
Shadowven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 17:51    Post subject: Help with upgrade firmware after v24-sp2 Reply with quote
I need some help...
I have an E2500 v3 with DDWR v24-sp2(05/19/15) from Fractal. I upgraded flash with tomato-E2500v3USB-NVRAM60K-1.28.AT-RT-N5x-MIPSR2-3.4-138-MEGA-VPN.bin from https://advancedtomato.com/downloads/router/e2500v3

The flash said it was successful and I waited approx. 5 minutes.. I then did a 30/30/30 Reset and reconnected to router Gui. Apparently it didn't take flash because it still showing DDWRT gui with same flash version v24-sp2. I've tried this multiple times and the router shows that its successful but the flash version never changes. Can someone help me with this please.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 23:44    Post subject: Build for E2500 v3 Reply with quote
You want an nv60 build as the unit has 60kb of NVRAM.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: