I also have a fonera with the 0.7.2 r3 firmware, but i can't get a single hack for ssh access working. I tried 5 different techniques with no avail. Is there someone who actually enabled ssh access on 0.7.2 r3?
Ok so I will try to detail it:
1. Set the non-fon router IP to 188.8.131.52
2. Set both primary and alternate DNS on non-fon router to 184.108.40.206
3. Plug Fon router into the non-fon router
4. Connect via the private wireless (MyPlace) to the Fon router
5. Navigate to 192.168.10.1
6. Click on Advanced Options / Connect. Select static IP and enter 220.127.116.11 as IP, as a mask 255.255.255.0, and 18.104.22.168 both as a gateway and as DNS.
7. Then push the reset button on the router or unplug the router and replug it in
8. Wait for the router to reboot(at least 3 minutes) and then wait another 5(Just in case)
9. Try to SSH into 192.168.10.1 via the wireless
10. If that does not work, do 7 to 9 over again
After I SSH'd into the router I disconnected the fon router from the non fon router.
Thanks for the shortened tutorial!
Did you actually used the html page to enable ssh? Because if I use the html code from lublog it doesnt show up an submit button.
Anyway, it still doesnt work, i followed every step, but it still does not want to grant me ssh access : /
I think part of it may be I am using a DDWRT router and no matter how I set it up, it still pulls at least 1 DNS from my DSL modem so it's not limited to just the klanofonium DNS...
I tried it both on DHCP and Static setups and neither gave me any love.
Also when I set it up static (so i can control all the DNS entires) I can't get to it anymore by IP address... I can ping 22.214.171.124 but it comes back in under 2 ms which makes me think it's just bouncing off the fonera becuase it couldn't really be getting a ping from anywhere that fast...
I tried both with static setup and DHCP and no luck eithre way, I attached screencaps below and if you see any mistakes I made please let me know!
I would plug in the ddwrt router, power it on for a bit, then plug in the fonera and then power it on... let it sit for over 20 minutes each time... nothing
Any help appreciated as I would REALLY like to get this working!