Bricked 610v 2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gunwald
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:22    Post subject: Bricked 610v 2? Reply with quote
Dear Networkers,

unfortunately I have bricked my WRT610N2 this night trying to flesh it. The only thing it does now is showing a blinking power LED. The lights of the lan-plugs work as well.

I tried to flash it as described using tftp and it works in so far, that tftp upload the image file to the router. But after that nothing else happens. Not even after waiting minutes and do resets. The power LED keeps blinking. I tried “dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin” and
“dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt610nv2.bin”.

The ping result is always “ttl=100” sometimes host is unreachable.

I cant try with stock firmware because its too big (about 7 MB). What else am I suggested to do? Please help!

Gunwald

Last edited by gunwald on Mon Nov 08, 2010 14:27; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should refer to the 'peacock thread' at the top of this forum, note 6, and follow what it sayd to do, it is very possible you can recover using TFTP during the responded pings but timing is crucial.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
gunwald
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for quick response!

I red the "Peacock Thread" hundred times. The only thing I did not get right is what exactly should happen after tftp (Linux version) finished the upload saying:

Code:
Sent 3445760 bytes in 15.1 seconds

If I got it right after that the router should load the new image automatically, should it? An if it does not I have to try the hole procedure again, right?

Here agian what the router does:

- pinging I get allways a ttl=100
- the LED of the lan port where I plugged in my computer is lit the power LED is blinking.
- Restarting the router I can upload the DD-WRT image with tftp, but after that nothing happens: The ping result remains the same and the LEDs as well. I tried about hundret times. Pressing the resetbutton (30 or 40 or 50 sec) after upload nothing happens.
- If I do a hard reset (30-30-30-reset) all the LEDS flicker once. After that same as before.
- I am using Linux (Ubuntu) and it's tftp. But also tried with windows and tftp2.exe (same results)

Does that mean it is time for Jtag now?
gunwald
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the case that jtaging would be inevitable, is there anybody how would do this for me (paid)?
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
After tftp you should wait 5 to 10 minutes and see if you get TTL=64, which means firmware is running. Be patient.

If you are in US, send it to barryware, he fix routers for fun, you would pay only send/return ship if I recall.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes wait about 5 mins after TFTP'n the image and then power the unit off then back on, see what state its in then. You really need to be trying the recovery using a WinXP box. Also, you shouldn't need a jtag, serial should be able to fix it, reference this link...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT610N_v2.0#Recovery_.28Unbricking.29

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
gunwald
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear buddee, dear fggs,

thank you for your help. I'm now connected with my wrt610 again. For everyone who has the same problem I had before:

Greetings
Gunwald

ps: Dear fggs unfortunately I am in good old Europe, so I did it my self, thank you for your kind offer anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: