Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:22 Post subject: Bricked 610v 2?
unfortunately I have bricked my WRT610N2 this night trying to flesh it. The only thing it does now is showing a blinking power LED. The lights of the lan-plugs work as well.
I tried to flash it as described using tftp and it works in so far, that tftp upload the image file to the router. But after that nothing else happens. Not even after waiting minutes and do resets. The power LED keeps blinking. I tried “dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin” and
The ping result is always “ttl=100” sometimes host is unreachable.
I cant try with stock firmware because its too big (about 7 MB). What else am I suggested to do? Please help!
Last edited by gunwald on Mon Nov 08, 2010 14:27; edited 1 time in total
I red the "Peacock Thread" hundred times. The only thing I did not get right is what exactly should happen after tftp (Linux version) finished the upload saying:
Sent 3445760 bytes in 15.1 seconds
If I got it right after that the router should load the new image automatically, should it? An if it does not I have to try the hole procedure again, right?
Here agian what the router does:
- pinging I get allways a ttl=100
- the LED of the lan port where I plugged in my computer is lit the power LED is blinking.
- Restarting the router I can upload the DD-WRT image with tftp, but after that nothing happens: The ping result remains the same and the LEDs as well. I tried about hundret times. Pressing the resetbutton (30 or 40 or 50 sec) after upload nothing happens.
- If I do a hard reset (30-30-30-reset) all the LEDS flicker once. After that same as before.
- I am using Linux (Ubuntu) and it's tftp. But also tried with windows and tftp2.exe (same results)
Joined: 06 Feb 2010 Posts: 7401 Location: Little Rock
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:07 Post subject:
Yes wait about 5 mins after TFTP'n the image and then power the unit off then back on, see what state its in then. You really need to be trying the recovery using a WinXP box. Also, you shouldn't need a jtag, serial should be able to fix it, reference this link...