Cant install the main version of firmware???

adamsmitzer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 17:54    Post subject: Cant install the main version of firmware??? Reply with quote
Hey,
I'm having a really annoying problem! I've install the mini version of DDWRT onto my linksys router, it kinda half worked, when i click on the Firmware Upgrade tab im only seeing the bottom of the page, basically the upgrade button, so i can't browse for a fill to upgrade too. Same problem when i click on the Factory defaults tab, all that is shown is the help column to the right of the screen. I'm new to all this so i'm not really sure what to do?? Does anyone have any idea's?? Thanks guys!
Sponsor
TimmyB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 13:15    Post subject: Re: Cant install the main version of firmware??? Reply with quote
adamsmitzer wrote:
Hey,
I'm having a really annoying problem! I've install the mini version of DDWRT onto my linksys router, it kinda half worked, when i click on the Firmware Upgrade tab im only seeing the bottom of the page, basically the upgrade button, so i can't browse for a fill to upgrade too. Same problem when i click on the Factory defaults tab, all that is shown is the help column to the right of the screen. I'm new to all this so i'm not really sure what to do?? Does anyone have any idea's?? Thanks guys!

Try using tftp to transfer the image

ie:

tftp -i PUT <dd-wrt image name> <dd-wrt address>

Wait five minutes to be sure it's saved okay, then reboot

Regards,

Tim
kuthulu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
try a hard-reset
press reset for 30 secs, unplug the power cord while pressing reset another 30 secs, then plug it and after 30 secs release reset button.

ssh/telnet connection manager for linux
http://kuthulu.com/gcm
adamsmitzer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:03    Post subject: . Reply with quote
Thanks guys I'll let you know how i get on!
adamsmitzer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 16:46    Post subject: Still not working Reply with quote
Still no luck at all. VERY annoying! anyone else have any ideas? or have a similar problem?
dc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can always TFTP a new image .. perhaps a standard version .. check the WIKI on
instructions for tftp (I find the linksys gui-driven tftp great)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just had the excact same problem. It's IE that fucks this up. Use Firefox instead.
splyday
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 20:50    Post subject: Corrupt Firmware Upgrade Web page - Solution Reply with quote
I thought I would take a second to reply to this thread and hopefully make some additional key words available in the event that someone else is searching for this solution.

I searched everywhere for a day and a half and even after stumbling across this thread it was not obvious that the last posting was a solution.

I installed DD-WRT 23 (no SPx) on my WRT54GL.
The result was that the router appeared to work with no problem.

When I logged into the Web Console some of the pages appeared to be corrupt. Most importantly the Firmware Update page showed only the progress flood box so you could no select a new firmware set.

Went through forum after forum. Tried Linksys tftp and any other thing I found. I reset for 5, 10, 30 second. I unpluged and waited, unplugged while holding the reset, not holding reset, I reset while touching my nose with my left big toe while humming Silent Night. Confused

Nothing worked.

I missed the solution that the "problem was with Internet Explorer" (or at least worked around by not using IE) the first time I read the previous post.

I installed Firefox and the problem went away.

I upgraded to DD-WRT V23 SP2 and once upgraded to SP2 I was able to use Internet Explorer again.

Hope this helps someone else find this problem and possible solution.

Thks everyone

Last edited by splyday on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:36; edited 1 time in total
kb9klc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Went through forum after forum. Tried Linksys tftp and any other I found. I reset for 5, 10, 30 second. I reset while touching my nose with my left big toe while humming Silent Night. Confused

ok now that's one of the funniest things I've read here yet......glad you got it going

Motorola WR850G V2 *V24 SP2 1/1/09
Linksys WRT 54G V8 *V24 SP2 1/16/10 Micro
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:26    Post subject: Re: Still not working Reply with quote
adamsmitzer wrote:
Still no luck at all. VERY annoying! anyone else have any ideas? or have a similar problem?

why did nobody ask what model u r using and what ddwrt version u r going to install? plz tell us Exclamation

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: