Actiontec MI424WR can it be supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
VertigoRay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 20:40    Post subject: jungo-image.py: "Can't determine flash size!" Reply with quote
mutestorm wrote:
Not sure if this is in the right place...
When i try to flash to redboot it gives me the error "Can't determine flash size!"
Why is this?

For me, editing jungo-image.py:84 did the trick:
Code:
tn.write("flash layout\n")

Lightsword
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have rev I hardware I can donate for getting this supported. I also did a rootfs extraction https://github.com/jameshilliard/jungo-image/tree/master/_MI424WR-GEN3I.rmt.extracted .
pariah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 17:55    Post subject: Re: Upgrading radio Reply with quote
azuretech wrote:
Actually, I was mistaken in my previous post.... turns out the antenna I'm using is supposedly a 20db gain antenna... So the original question still remains... Can I plug a higher power radio into this unit, and what about an 802.11n radio?

On another note.... I notice that the wiki says for most users to set channel width 40 mhz Turbo mode, but I see some odd behavior if I do this... specifically as follows:

Set to 40 Mhz channel width, click "Apply" then go to the "status" page, and then go to the wireless status tab, and several devices indicate they are communicating at 108mbps... which would seem to be good... but then go to Admin and reboot the router (or powercycle), and when the router comes back up, nothing can connect wirelessly... I have to plug in an ethernet cable, change it back to 20mhz channel width, apply, and reboot again before it will let anything connect.... This behavior is across several builds (I'm currently running 17201 in my Rev C mi424wr), and several devices... after the reboot, nothing, (iphone, xbox, roku, android, toshiba notebook, etc) can connect, so its not a single device incompatibility issue....

I ran across this in my searches, and had to reply. I am using a Cisco E2500 and using DD-WRT works EXCEPT for the following which falls in line with this post and I think DD-WRT devs need to be made aware as paired together may mean we have a DD-WRT bug...

When using DD-WRT I connect to an AP as a client from my E2500 [FiOS actiontec to E2500]. I have noticed when I use Client Bridge it all works as it should connects and is stable and survives router restarts. BUT IF I CHOOSE WIRELESS BRIDGE it half works. What I mean is if I select Client Bridge and go to Wireless status and click the site survey button I get APs listed, BUT if I chose Wireless Bridge it does not. Interesting bit, if I set it to Client Bridge click save and apply and then do a survey and then go back and change it over to WiFi Bridge mode and save and apply and go back again to survey it works! BUT if I restart the router at all when it comes back up I get nothing it will not connect to the AP and no APs in site survey list. If I again change it back to client bridge apply and save they re-appear without a router restart.

Now Client and Client bridge appear to always survive restarts, and WiFi Bridge does appear to fully work once you get everything going under client or client bridge first. I am using newest DD-WRT that supports my routers N Radio and all that seems to work perfectly now. Which further leads me to believe it is a code issue maybe a typo in the radio init code or something similar as it will not auto come up and connect as a wireless bridge automatically but it will work if you start the router up in or change to Client Client Bridge modes, so it is like the Radio does not come up under WiFi Bridge and will under client so once client starts it then wifi bridge can then find it after.

This would be AWESOME to have looked in to [I wish I had the time to learn DD-WRT code and all, but alas I am super busy these days.

I have seen posts like this one leading me to even further infer that it maybe a firmware based issue.
Lightsword
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I found the MOCA Drivers for this router.
Would this make it possible to enable the MOCA interface in DD-WRT?
https://github.com/jameshilliard/Quattro_2.1/blob/5a9f386e9ed9878a600cf6ea723ad9e329a27781/gpl/kernel/2.6.18/drivers/net/entrmoca/GPL/E1000/README https://github.com/jameshilliard/WECB-VZ-GPL/tree/adfad80b3144c788efb636d5acfcdd6ed91b3d79/rtl819x/drivers/moca
alex4108
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody have luck flashing a Rev I? I won't mind being the first to test... just want to see if anyone's done it before
Lightsword
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex4108 wrote:
Anybody have luck flashing a Rev I? I won't mind being the first to test... just want to see if anyone's done it before

I've tested it with an OpenWRT initramfs but there are some NAND flash issues for certain Rev I routers, even though they are the same model some use different flash variants that don't work yet. The ones with a Hynix NAND 128MiB 3,3V 8-bit chip currently don't work while the ones with Eon NAND 128MiB 3,3V 8-bit do.
Epic_VS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 20:10    Post subject: MI424WR RedBoot RAM Instance Reply with quote
Does anyone have access to the redboot ram image (rb-mi424wr-RAM.img / mi424.ram)?

I have a rev D that I was using as a wireless bridge, but I now want to switch that to a MoCA bridge. I used the jungo-image tool and have a .bin backup, but it seems that I need the ram image of redboot to restore this. All sources of this seem to be dead.

I found a build script here, but I don't want to go through that time-consuming process if someone else has the image.
https://bitbucket.org/apple314159/redboot-ixp4xx-build/

Thanks.
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 15:29    Post subject: Re: MI424WR RedBoot RAM Instance Reply with quote
Epic_VS wrote:
Does anyone have access to the redboot ram image (rb-mi424wr-RAM.img / mi424.ram)?

I have a rev D that I was using as a wireless bridge, but I now want to switch that to a MoCA bridge. I used the jungo-image tool and have a .bin backup, but it seems that I need the ram image of redboot to restore this. All sources of this seem to be dead.

I found a build script here, but I don't want to go through that time-consuming process if someone else has the image.
https://bitbucket.org/apple314159/redboot-ixp4xx-build/

Thanks.

Looking for this as well. As well as the redboot bin and more importantly the img file.

rb-mi424wr-RAM.img

rb-mi424wr-ROM.bin

I would like to get DD or OpenWrt working on both my rev e and rev f models if even just in a limited sense to just use them as clients.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
i updated the wiki page
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: