WTR54GS v1, v2 & v2.1 (Linksys Travel Router) now suppor

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
ci11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
nn5i wrote:
Happy New Year. C'est miraculeux! Le monde, c'existe encore, et moi aussi! This astonishes me every morning, and especially on January 1; but daily it elates me less.

No, there's no visible difference between the versions of the Travel Router, except that (just above the serial number) versions 2.0 and 2.1 state the version number after the model number, but version 1 has only the model number, WTR54GS.

My v1 came today and it powered up. But that's all it did. It cannot be found by my PCs. My v2.1 can be found. I connected a Cat5 and looked at the admin page, wireless is on. I did 30-30-30 and waited. Nada.

There must be something really obvious I am missing because the router seems to respond. So what can it be and how can I get it to be found?
Sponsor
phlegmer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering if any WTR54GS owners have seen this before. When I telnet into mine, the prompt I get is:

Code:

\u@\h:\w\$

Normally isn't it root@<routername> or something like that?

The device has been working fine and I just happened to pop in there via telnet to check the nvram. "ls" doesn't seem to work either. Tried power cycling with no change.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/05/10) micro - build 15362

Thanks
gene
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
phlegmer wrote:
Just wondering if any WTR54GS owners have seen this before. When I telnet into mine, the prompt I get is:

Code:

\u@\h:\w\$

Normally isn't it root@<routername> or something like that?

The device has been working fine and I just happened to pop in there via telnet to check the nvram. "ls" doesn't seem to work either. Tried power cycling with no change.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/05/10) micro - build 15362

Thanks
I believe that that's the prompt for micro builds due to crippled busybox, its the same prompt for the micro builds I run anyway.
3 WAP54g v3 - repeater, client Bridge, repeater bridge dd-wrt-micro CPU OC225,
1 NetGear WNR2000 v3 AP Atheros AR7241 ver 1 rev 1.1 (0x0101) Trailed build CPU OC360
DD-WRT usually the most current BS builds and less frequently lately EKO builds(because of new BS rules that eliminated EKO builds I used).
donbarger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 21:25    Post subject: Bricked? Reply with quote
Followed these instructions

1) Set your PC's IP to 192.168.16.10
2) Log into WTR at 192.168.16.1, password: admin
3) Go to: Administration -> Factory defaults -> "Restore factory Defaults"
4) Click "Continue"
5) Close your browser window
6) Set your PC's IP to 192.168.1.10
7) Start Sercomm "Upgrade Utility"
Cool Select your ethernet adapter
9) Press "Browse target" button
10) MAC of your WTR will apear in "Devices List"
11) Press "Files", select: for v1: WTRv1_sercomm.bin; for v2 and v2.1: WTRv2x_sercomm.bin, press OK
12) Press "Upgrade", wait until upgrade completes, press OK
13) Important: WAIT ANOTHER 3 MINUTES

Now I am stuck... I can't get a wireless connection to my router. I can't connect wired. So I am unable to proceed.

The power light is an amber color. No other lights turn on unless I plug a cable in... Then the appropriate light will turn on. I haven't gotten the wireless light to turn back on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Don
donbarger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Update to brick (maybe not) Reply with quote
I am able to ping 192.168.10.1 when connected with the cable. I get TTL=128

Any suggestions?
phlegmer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 20:08    Post subject: Dead? Reply with quote
OK, got a weird one. My WTR54GS has been working great for a while now. Then suddenly things were getting a little wacky. My Chumby had all sorts of issues connecting to it and when I would look at the Sys Info, it would always show that the Wireless Rate was 1 Mbps. (I brought the Chumby home and it worked just fine there). Power cycle the WTR and it would connect for a bit but then the rate would suddenly drop back down to 1 with very poor connections. So, did a 30//30/30, put on the latest Micro. Now it will no longer snag a WAN IP address and I can't connect to the radio at all.

Could my lil WTR be dead? Sad

Thanks

MOD EDIT: These long device specific threads become an impossible mess that no one reads in full. Please post specific problems in a NEW thread in the forum AFTER reading all of the broadcom forum announcements and see the information in the wiki on this router. Thread locked.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 22
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: