Asus WL-500gP V2 and USB - how to setup HDD via Samba?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pplucky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 16:42    Post subject: Asus WL-500gP V2 and USB - how to setup HDD via Samba? Reply with quote
Hello.

I have placed DD-WRT recommended build in my Asus WL-500gP V2 router: Brainslayer 14929, NEWD, K24, Mega.
The main purpose of this was to connect this router to an Apple Airport Extreme (and then share a USB printer/HDD via the network).

I could setup my USB printer no problem and my FAT32 HDD seems to be recognized by the router:

In fact, I can check the contents of the HDD (under /mnt) if I check it in Telnet with ls. This means the HDD is correctly mounted, right?

Still, I have read a lot in the Wiki (namely here) and I still don't know exactly what should I do to be able to access to read/write from Windows XP, Windows 7 or Media Player...

Thanks for any help you can give me, considering that I would like to keep the drive format as it is now (FAT32)...

Last edited by pplucky on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:26; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
pplucky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the meantime, I could configure my drive to be accessed via FTP from my Windows7 machine:

Still, if I press button Help, I have the following:

But the Samba info doesn't appear on my Web-Gui, like in this screen I found on the Internet:

Does anybody know why and how can I fix it? Is it related to the build number I have installed?

Thanks in advance for any help.
AndreyPopov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
you need build from Eko - V24-TNG dir
pplucky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
AndreyPopov wrote:
you need build from Eko - V24-TNG dir

OK, I didn't know that. Do you know which revision number is recommended?

The one I currently have was the recommended one here for Broadcom devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: