Airlink AR-430w wan port issue & latest build question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
n2locarz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 20:01    Post subject: Airlink AR-430w wan port issue & latest build question Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I have been excited to get dd-wrt running. Loaded it on my Airlink ar430w. Got it configured and it worked great for a couple of weeks. For some reason now, the WAN port is unable to get an IP address from my cable modem. I have enabled/disabled the WAN port, verifed link lights, even plugged in my old Netgear WRG614 v6 which gets an ip address and works. I even went so far as to clone the mac of the Netgear and also tried manually assigning a static ip. No luck. Any thoughts?

Router: Airlink AR-430W
DD-WRT Firmware: DD-WRT v24 RC-5 (11/23/07) std - build 8426M
Cable Modem: Motorola SB5120
Cable Modem Levels: SB5120-2.19.0.10-SCM01-NOSH
Hardware Version: 4
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.4

Also, what is the latest build for the ar430w? I know it's the Atheros AR2315 chipset, so how do I know which RC builds I can use. I fear installing an incompatible level and bricking my router. Thanks
Sponsor
remaker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know the answer to your question, but I will still hazard a guess.

I suspect the DHCP database (which would be stored in NVRAM) is corrupt. Try a full NVRAM reset (factory default) and reconfigure the device. You can do it with the reset button (hold for 30 seconds or so) or I think there is also a way to do it in the UI.

Probably a bug. Maybe it is http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=2931

I too would love to know the test builds.
n2locarz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have found something interesting. I am able to connect to the cable modem (Motorola SB5120) even though it's not giving me an IP address on the WAN port. This would indicate the WAN port is working. I have attempted to reset the modem but haven't had any luck there either. Will post more findings later.

If anyone knows of a stable v7 build, I would be interested in testing it. I read that v6 may brick my router. Not too excited to try that build!
n2locarz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the solution to my problem. Since my last update I tried factory settings again - no luck. So then I reflashed the firmware to the same level. This worked. I have no idea how this made a difference but I'm happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: