v24rc4 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Dr.Ed
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 19:07    Post subject: v24rc4 problems Reply with quote
The new RC4 won't give any Wi-Fi signal on my F*nera. Bandwith functions, so that one is o.k. So i'm back to the previous version.

Ed
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont know which RC4 you mean.
its a pre RC4

i flashed in on my fonera as well (just 10 minutes ago)
and now i'm writing this text here over a wifi connection to this fonera device. so all works pretty well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
what is improvement of rc4 over rc3?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
the bandwith monitor is now IE6/7 compatible (using Adobe SVG plugin)
some new and enhanced device support

missing gateway problem fixed (happens if a client reconnects)
and other things

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pre-pre-pre Rolling Eyes RC4 gives an "blinking"wi-fi signal (on-off-on-off) according to Network Stumbler. Even after a reboot the signal won't be stable. I'm using the F0N 2100 series.

Ed
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have a FON2100 as well. the wireless driver of RC4 is identical to RC3. so if your netstumbler blinks. check netstumbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
i also flashed it to pre-rc4, and it just like rc3, no problem for normal wifi using, quite stable Very Happy
Dr.Ed
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using DD-WRT v24 RC-4 (09/21/07) std (SVN revision 8012), it works untill I open bandwidth monitor. Than the wireless signal becomes unstable and drops from time to time. There's a 70% TX error rate. Besides that, the Site Survey never gives wireless networks, but this is my first Atheros so maybe this is a common feature. The 4 broadcoms (in my house) always give 5 or more networks.

Will continue (pre-RC, or beta?)testing.......

Ed
David White
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 22:36    Post subject: RC4 and no site survey ap's showing up Reply with quote
I have a Meraki that I have been playing with today and a WRT-150N testing client mode both flashed with V24 RC4 pre. The WRT-150 was flawless. Worked exactly as expected. Passed DCHP with out error and I connected instantlly. AP's all showed.

The Meraki I need to get working as a client passing DHCP (It doesn't). But I did notice today that while in client mode the site survey would not show any ap's until a really really strong one was received. I had an extra belkin I just turned on next to it and poof, a long list of 5 ap's showed up plus the belkin. Also if the SID is set to the default no AP's show up either.

Probably selecting Client mode should automagically reset the SID to something else?

I repeated this enough times to see that happens every time after a flash to the new firmware or a reset to "Factory Settings". Once hammered with a huge signal its back to showing ap's.

Another thing I noticed is if there is a strong signal the numbers in the site survey are wrong. Shows -250 dBm for some signals and 0 for noise.
Dr.Ed
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
The f0n cannot pick-up (in site survey)a 150Mw signal of my Buffalo WBR-54. Distance between those is 2 meters. Minor: I'll sure miss the "orange" colour scheme.

Dropping Wi-Fi signal seems to be memory-related. Station 1 is busy doing uTorrents, station 2 is showing bandwidth. If the Wi-Fi signal is gone, the f0n is not reachable on station 3 (connected by UTP). Sometimes bandwidth gives an error (cannot collect data??)

Ed
Dr.Ed
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another detail:

F0n mac is 19.90.**.**.** style. If I add a VLAN station, that station gets an 18.90.**.**.** mac-adress.

Ed
nobelium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
does this version work in "repeater" mode? A friend of mine told me it didn't show up on his fonera, but it could be a wrong version flashed (e.g. v23).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: