warning for belkin f5d7230-4 version 200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
teroenza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 21:21    Post subject: warning for belkin f5d7230-4 version 200 Reply with quote
Hello all,
I recently tried installing (right word) DD-WRT on my belkin f5d7230 version. I know there is no documentation on this version but i took the risk. After doing everthing on the wiki I unplugged it, re-connected power, waited for all lights to go out (save for the one i was plugged into), and hit enter to initiate the transfer.Everything went exactly like it was said on the wiki. Then i waited a generous ammount of time(10-15 min.) and powercycled the router. I believe it is bricked seeing as i get no adress from it (i have tried dhcp and manual configurations). Can't ping or "see" it in anyway. Seeing as i can't see it i cannot re-install the old firmware. I think i bricked it but if anyone has any ideas they are greatly welcome.

Thank you
Josh
Sponsor
eXPerience
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, the greath news are that it isn't bricked.
but.. you shuold have to press te reset button for about 1 min. to be sure...
then tri to ping it, now the router will have the 192.168.2.1 IP, you can do a "ping -t 192.16..." restart the router, it will respond to pings for about 30 sec., during this time yu can r2store the ooriginal firmware using "tftp -i 192.1... original_bios.bin"

srry about my english, and good look
teroenza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the information.
Unfortunatly it didn't work. I tried ping -t and left it running while i held the reset button and powercycled it. I got no replys.
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should do a search in this forum, too many people had the same problem.
V2000 lan ports will not work right away.
Use the wireless to connect to the router and run few commands.
teroenza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks
I ran the commands over a wireless connection. With one set of commands i could connect over wireless only (not even WAN port) and with the other only the wired ports would work. I think i'll just go back to the belkin firmware. Thank you for you help
effojyaj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
some of my belkins come on line after the flash with nothing on the bridge. when you finally get on one way or another, make the necessary changes in vlans. Then it should work ok. I'm still having trouble with dhcp however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: