RC3 Bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
lautamas wrote:
cyberde wrote:
Yes don't use slashes in your hostname, that will f*ck up the dnsmasq config file Razz

Would a "_" , "-" , will mess up the DHCP Static?

Nope it shouldn't cause I've also got a - in a hostname and it's working perfectly.

Donater
Sponsor
h0ser81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright maybe I'm a noob or maybe this is a bug I'm not sure. After around 12 hours or so the router decides it's no longer going to broadcast the SSID. It's almost as if the router has turned the radios off as you can set the SSID on the host and I still cannot connect to the internet. Wired connectivity to the router is fine. I can surf, configure the router, over the wired connection. The only way to get back the wireless connection is to perform a hard reset of the router. Router is a WRT54Gv8 with RC3 installed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:07    Post subject: Not so much a bug Reply with quote
I know this is a bug forum, and I am sorry for the spam. I have been using RC3 since it was officially available, on about 20 WRT54GL devices. I have to say that this is one of the more if not most stable firmware’s I have operated. In this testing time I have only had 1 device go offline that required a hard boot (was operating in WDS mode) My signal quality and throughput is getting better, but this is probably more related to it being fall and the leaves turning on the trees. The stability is so stellar that I finally upgraded a bunch of my more important backhauls up to v24 from v23 SP2.

Keep up the good job developers!

Tom-
isamudaison
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
jsmiddleton4 wrote:
use firefox

Sorry but that is unacceptable. You are telling me, and many others, to switch browsers for the firmware? I hardly think that is practical.

Are you telling me you intentionally programmed a feature that you knew would NOT work in IE7? I don't really care what folks opinions are about different browsers the fact remains that IE7/IE6 are by far and away the most popular browsers. And you intentionally wrote a program that didn't work in them? That makes no sense.

First off, why would anyone use IE7? I would barely classify it as a real browser. If you've had access to CSS rev1 since the beginning and, after 10+ years you still can't implement it correctly, you fail at being a browser, and are nothing more than a program that happens to mostly decode HTML.

Second, when programmers write webapps to a standard (as I've done) but then have to go back and implemnt HACKS to get it to work in IE, you again, fail at being a browser.http://cavemonkey50.com/2005/12/the-ultimate-ie-hack-guide/

When your javascript implementation is f*cked up, you fail at being a browser.http://www.guninski.com/browsers.html

I would even urge the dd-wrt devs to officially denounce support for IE... presumably if someone is technically inclined enough to flash their router with it, they'd know enough to not use IE.

Sorry, I am bitter about having to support IE in our apps.
DarkGhostFA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
isamudaison, please stop posting stuff about IE or FF or w.e else. And although i agree with you its over, your just going to add more fuel to the fire. Just leave it be, you beating a dead horse. If you would like to discuss IE vs FF do it somewhere else. This is not the place for it.

And to all you IE users esp you jsmiddletion4 (sorry you just seem the most likely 2 fight back nothing personal) just leave it be, be mature unlike some people who obviously can't. (Sorry to you isamudaison, again nothing personal but you should realize that IE has been flamed enough and the users who are using it on this forum are probably aware of its faults, and if their not it's their problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just installed 2.4rc3 on my wrt54gl v1.1 and found an issue with the wireless security settings. I cant connect with my winxp sp2 laptop to the router when security is enabled. The preferred setting is WPA/TKIP, but for testing purposes I tried them all. None of them seem to work, only 'disabled' work.

Before, with the 2.3 sp2 firmware there were no problems whatsoever. On the winxp sp2 zero config screen it stated the ssid with the type of security between brackets (in this case WPA). With the new firmware 2.4rc3 is only states the ssid and no type of security between brackets.

Someone with a hint, or is it a bug?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rayures wrote:
Just installed 2.4rc3 on my wrt54gl v1.1 and found an issue with the wireless security settings. I cant connect with my winxp sp2 laptop to the router when security is enabled. The preferred setting is WPA/TKIP, but for testing purposes I tried them all. None of them seem to work, only 'disabled' work.

Before, with the 2.3 sp2 firmware there were no problems whatsoever.

I had the same problem when upgrading to the v24 firmware way back. They told me to reset the device compleately, which can be done in firmware or by holding reset for 30 sec. This will default it and suddenly everything starts working. its not a specific release bug but rather just something that has to be done in the initial staging.

Tom
Rayures
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
duewydo wrote:
I had the same problem when upgrading to the v24 firmware way back. They told me to reset the device compleately, which can be done in firmware or by holding reset for 30 sec. This will default it and suddenly everything starts working. its not a specific release bug but rather just something that has to be done in the initial staging.

Tom

Tried both ways (30sec reset button, and restore factory defaults), both ways did not solve the issue.
Looks like the winxp sp2 wireless machine cant detect which security is being used, therefore cant connect with it. Because with FW v23 it detects WPA and it says in zero config that the security is WPA. With FW v24 is doesnt say which security is being used and i cant connect to it.
gregk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:30    Post subject: Bug Confirmation Reply with quote
I am using v24rc3 on a WRT54Gv8 and I have experienced two problems that I have seen others report with rc3. So instead of reporting, I guss I am confirming they can be reproduced.

The first is dyndns updating. the exact ame thing that is reported in this thread just happened to me:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20473&highlight=dyndns

In this case, I have a different piece of hardware than the reporter, but the exact same symptoms. I forced an update using a client on my pc for a workaround for the time being, but I suppose this is a bug.

The second is the router will periodically either stop broadcasting the SSID or for some other reason not allow a wireless connection. fter setting up, everything seems to work fine, my laptop can see the network and I can connect. I enable wpa2, and everything still works okay. After about an hour, my laptop can no longer connect, in fact it can't even see the network anymore.

Restarting laptop, router, radio on, radio off (I think I tried pretty much anything there is to try except a hard reset of the router). After nothing worked, I tried the hard reset and set up the router again. Wireless works now.

I am watching this thread, so if there is any testing or more info needed, I'll be glad to help.
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not an RC3 bug (maybe it is too) but also RC4 bug.

Files created in /tmp/cron.d/ don't do anything, so I decided to add those lines to /tmp/crontab, but for some reason is that file beeing truncated while boot...
Any ideas?

Donater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: