RC3 Bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Howie69
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
**SIGH**

Do I have to post this in EVERY RC-X thread? Ok, first off, people aren't whining..well, not much. But PLEASE bear in mind this is a BUG REPORTING thread. They can't fix it if they don't know about it. Also, bear in mind the fact the users were ASKED to report these thigns here.

Now, let's not have any other whining or whining about whining here. Let's keep this thread useful.

And, above all else, I thank the developers and all the contributors to this software for making it what it is. Let's not forget that. Without their selfless time and efforts, we'd be stuck with Talisman, of <shudder> OpenWRT ( no offense intended except to that one guy...) </shudder>.

With all of that said...let's get this thread back to constructive reporting instead of useless arguing. Oh, and, btw, if you really do find a bug, please use the bugtracker link at the top of the page to properly report it. It's far more efficient than saying it here.
Sponsor
smp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedy3k wrote:
dont waste your time with plug ins for IE. this is an actual coding error that just doesn't support cross platform browers...mainly IE.
IE is cross-platform? *really* ?

The bandwidth monitor works great in Safari on the Mac anyway, I haven't tried Safari on Windows with it yet.
smp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedy3k wrote:
here is the problem. MS uses its own version of ECMAScript called jscript. firefox and other browers use Javascript. they are not the same, although they are both based on ECMAScript. Most of it is the same,but IE interprets some things differently.

now...the big question. why does tomato's bandwidth work in IE. easy. the developers of tomato, like many web developers and programmers wrote the code to be cross platform compatible. whats that mean? that means they used commands and scripts that both javascript and jscript can understand and interpret the same.
And honestly, wouldn't the world be a better place if ALL developers (web and otherwise) stopped supporting Microsoft when they try to hijack a standard? Write to what the majority use, don't support Microsoft's cruft, and maybe Microsoft will start to develop on the same base as everyone else. What a novel thought.
hanswurscht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Howie69 wrote:
**SIGH**

Do I have to post this in EVERY RC-X thread? Ok, first off, people aren't whining..well, not much. But PLEASE bear in mind this is a BUG REPORTING thread. They can't fix it if they don't know about it. Also, bear in mind the fact the users were ASKED to report these thigns here.

Now, let's not have any other whining or whining about whining here. Let's keep this thread useful.

And, above all else, I thank the developers and all the contributors to this software for making it what it is. Let's not forget that. Without their selfless time and efforts, we'd be stuck with Talisman, of <shudder> OpenWRT ( no offense intended except to that one guy...) </shudder>.

With all of that said...let's get this thread back to constructive reporting instead of useless arguing. Oh, a

nd, btw, if you really do find a bug, please use the bugtracker link at the top of the page to properly report it. It's far more efficient than saying it here.

Hey m8te,
and what does People here?
Supporting all Error, where is your Problem? spamming the Thread with your useless Post dont help,Mate buster?
sarcher
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
smp wrote:
speedy3k wrote:
dont waste your time with plug ins for IE. this is an actual coding error that just doesn't support cross platform browers...mainly IE.
IE is cross-platform? *really* ?

The bandwidth monitor works great in Safari on the Mac anyway, I haven't tried Safari on Windows with it yet.
Which Mac Safari? It didn't work for me in Safari 2.0.4. Are you using Safari 3 Beta? Or is there a plug-in that I need?
MAURIZIO1976
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
In My whr-g54s the banwidth monitor don't work.
I tried it using the windows explorer.
Does somebody has the same problem?
AlwaysConnected
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
MAURIZIO1976 wrote:
In My whr-g54s the banwidth monitor don't work.
I tried it using the windows explorer.
Does somebody has the same problem?

use FireFox
i read in v24 RC4 it will besolved for IE

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Always Connected, I will try it .
Now I'm trying it using ubuntu firefox.
lautamas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody use static DHCP service for more than 20 clients? I put the bellow cients into v24 RC3 and RC4 (21 Sept 2004 build)...Everytime I have done adding those clients into my Static DHCP list, my wireless clients are starting to loose their IP and cannot get the IPs. So, When Static DHCP is enabled, DHCP server WILL NOT ASSIGN ANY IP to ANY COMPUTER (I have tested this with Wireless clients)

Untitled-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.77 KB
 Viewed:  16534 Time(s)

Untitled-1.jpg

cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes don't use slashes in your hostname, that will f*ck up the dnsmasq config file Razz

Donater
DarkGhostFA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
smp wrote:
speedy3k wrote:
here is the problem. MS uses its own version of ECMAScript called jscript. firefox and other browers use Javascript. they are not the same, although they are both based on ECMAScript. Most of it is the same,but IE interprets some things differently.

now...the big question. why does tomato's bandwidth work in IE. easy. the developers of tomato, like many web developers and programmers wrote the code to be cross platform compatible. whats that mean? that means they used commands and scripts that both javascript and jscript can understand and interpret the same.
And honestly, wouldn't the world be a better place if ALL developers (web and otherwise) stopped supporting Microsoft when they try to hijack a standard? Write to what the majority use, don't support Microsoft's cruft, and maybe Microsoft will start to develop on the same base as everyone else. What a novel thought.

I hate to say it but the majority (probably not here since most of us are educated enough to know about IE and MS alternatives an do use them) but the majority use IE, because they don't know any better. If developers and companies stopped supporting MS and only supported the originals and not what MS stole and called their own they (the companies and developers) would crash and burn. So we have to live with the fact that most people use IE, again probably not here, and have to deal with the incompatibilities brought on by MS doing the crap they do. And do all you IE users, the DD-WRT developers and users (even non-IE users) know that it doesn't work. That was one of the first bugs put in here, so we know already, lets just drop it (as many people have said) it's over. The DD-WRT developers will fix it. And again if you donate or not this is a FREE firmware, so just wait, just because you donate does not mean you should get your problems addressed first. If you want that go buy it from BS.

Jsmiddleton4 using DD-WRT for free is not "stupid and ugly" or however you put it. it is free even if you donate, it is free. That is the point of the license it is released under. Saying what you say is like saying using Ubuntu or any other Linux distro for free is wrong. They ship you the damn disks for free. Donating is nice, yes, but not required. And i feel that if you find DD-WRT useful and you like it, please donate. But i will not go so far to say that it makes you a bad person if you don't.

Tekoholic, don't worry no one will get mad at you for posing problems you seem to have, thats what we're here for, and this is the purpose of this thread.

So now lets drop this whole browser war, some like IE in spite of its security holes and such and others like FF (like my self) in spite of its slowness. To each his own.

Now lets try to restore some usefulness to this thread and help to alert the developers and other users of problems we see so that they can put on the list of things to fix, along with going about their daily lives.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is also the fact that by giving away free versions he gets free advertising which would cost huge amounts of dough.

Brain is no fool and knows the time and effort to put out the free one pay off big time in the long run which is something the tailsman guy never really understood.
DarkGhostFA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, your absolutely right, by havening so many hits at his sight, he can sell ads for more, or have more of a chance of someone to click on the banner ads, depending on how he does it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:21    Post subject: Sputnik Agent Reply with quote
Sputnik Agent does not seem to be working properly with RC2 or RC3. Maybe not included in RC release?
lautamas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
cyberde wrote:
Yes don't use slashes in your hostname, that will f*ck up the dnsmasq config file Razz

Would a "_" , "-" , will mess up the DHCP Static?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: