Linksys WRT54 Gv8/GSv7 flashing instructions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
sigmaxix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
be.cool wrote:
Can somebody explain me the exact steps to flash a WRT54GS V7 ??

I've flashed 2x WRT54GS v7's without any problem. Just check page 1 of this thread, and I listed some specific steps for you to follow.

But, this is a beta, and plenty of people have had issues with flashing stuff.

Also, WRT54GS v7's should not be Atheros chipset. Just make sure you actually have the WRT54GS v7.

1800yolk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:06    Post subject: v8 flash Reply with quote
I tried changing my ip, but whenever I do, it doesn't ping to 192.168.1.1, only to the new ip (192.168.1.77). So when I change my ip, it changes the router's ip.. I think.. I'm no network genius, but I'm comfortable using command prompt and stuff. I'm running vista, so I had to dig into the control panel to even get tftp to become an active feature inside the command prompt! I'm connected to my linksys box through the ethernet port. I can ping it all day and all night and still get a response, so I don't think I'm having the power problem.. When I plug in the box, the internet box will blink for about 20 seconds, then stay constant. When I type the box's ip into my browser, I get a blank white page. Still can't send the bin file using tftp. Are there other files I can send to it? I would appreciate your help! I probably should have just posted in the forum, but that thing is getting really really long. Oh, and command prompt tells me that it timed out, and that the connection request failed. Thanks!
sohc3_16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
@lijianch
yeah i hope soon theres a fix for the dd-wrt wrt54g v8 will wait for the moment
sohc3_16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can still TFTP to my router what if I TFTP the linksys firmware wrt54gv8 will it bring back to the original setting? Question
relima
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope.. the only option left is to wait a fixed version of the firmware or the program that can write data correctly on the device to come.
sohc3_16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
oic ok will just wait for the firmware fix ^_^
1800yolk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:57    Post subject: ? Reply with quote
Any word on who is working on the new software?
carrottop432
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to thank each and every person who has contributed to this project. You all have done a wonderful job. To the person(s) working on fixing the v8 Eon problem, I thank you from the bottom of my routerless heart. Sure some people have bitched and moaned, but it will happen anywhere you go. Please don't let that slow you down from making a working firmware for my router and so many others like it. If I wasn't a broke piece of crap, I'd send you a dollar! Now for some motivation: *cue counterstrike sound clip* "GO!GO!GO!".
sohc3_16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah to whom it may concern you can do it man will all be waiting for that firmware go go go dd-wrt for the v8 Cool
1800yolk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 15:29    Post subject: lol Reply with quote
lol, power to the person! Whoever that is..
c0ldfyr3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay so i have followed the instructions to the "T" and ran into an issue.

after flashing using vxworkskillerGSv7.bin i did as was instructed and removed the power cord then pluged it back in. waited for a couple minutes and repeated. now the WAN and all LAN lights are on ( even with nothing connected to them ) and the power light is off, even though there is power. I have tried JTAG, and have not gotten anything to qwork yet.

I am using a wrt54gsv7 with ESMT M12L128168A -7T and JS28F160 chips. and a broadcom 5354AKFSG chip.

be.cool
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I verified and i'm sure that the routers I have are WRT54GS V7, but I was reading in other sites, and they say that in this verions Linksys decided to use atheros Chipsets, later on v8, they moved back to broadcom.

How can I know with chipset I have without opening the case?

If I have the broadcom chipset, witch are the correct files I need to download for installing DD-WRT?

Thaks!

sigmaxix wrote:
be.cool wrote:
Can somebody explain me the exact steps to flash a WRT54GS V7 ??

I've flashed 2x WRT54GS v7's without any problem. Just check page 1 of this thread, and I listed some specific steps for you to follow.

But, this is a beta, and plenty of people have had issues with flashing stuff.

Also, WRT54GS v7's should not be Atheros chipset. Just make sure you actually have the WRT54GS v7.
tacothekid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT54G v7 is a Atheros chip, WRT54GS v7 is a Broadcom chip. You should be able to flash DD-WRT to it. I have a WRT54GS, but bricked it with earlier attempts to flash it, so I can't say that it works personally, but there are a lot of accounts on this forum that it works fine. I think you need to download dd-wrt.v24_micro_wrt54gv8.bin in the downloads/beta/GENERIC BROADCOM (Linksys,Asus etc.)/dd-wrt.v24 beta/2007 - 0815 area.
Extibal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Um i might sound newbish but i need to know if anyway that has jtag the wrt54gv8 under windows did you have to modify the tool and if so can someone send it to me i know BS has it on the beginning of this thread but its Linux only and it wont compile for me idk y i hardly use Linux as well but if someone could jtag it for me
be.cool
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a million :D

Just another question, with dd-wrt instaled, can I install the support for OLSR ? Removing some packages it not a problem, the mean objective is to make olsr work.

tacothekid wrote:
WRT54G v7 is a Atheros chip, WRT54GS v7 is a Broadcom chip. You should be able to flash DD-WRT to it. I have a WRT54GS, but bricked it with earlier attempts to flash it, so I can't say that it works personally, but there are a lot of accounts on this forum that it works fine. I think you need to download dd-wrt.v24_micro_wrt54gv8.bin in the downloads/beta/GENERIC BROADCOM (Linksys,Asus etc.)/dd-wrt.v24 beta/2007 - 0815 area.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 77, 78, 79  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 79
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: