Please suggest a WIFI+NAS solution!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
wisplam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 20:44    Post subject: Please suggest a WIFI+NAS solution! Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm absolutely fascinated with this linux powered wifi on cheap consumer electronics hardware thing and I'm preparing to take the leap - having come from the half backed world of the Netgear 614.

Before anyone asks, yes - I do have experience of Debian from the console and am adept at swinging a soldering iron :)

Ideally I'm looking for something that will take a 300gb 3.5" SATA drive that I already have - supplying my household with storage, a media server and internet access from behind the sofa.

I'm in London and the problem seems to be that I can't seem to find a single device that would do that - or a device like the ASUS WL-500g Premium or WRTSL54GL for sale here! I'd like to spend as little as possible, but am not adverse to doing it properly.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I look at one of those routerboard style things?

Cheers,
Splam
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: