Making LAN Clients Visible From PPTP Connected Clients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
backXslash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 22:12    Post subject: Making LAN Clients Visible From PPTP Connected Clients Reply with quote
I've got two DD-WRT routers set up at my two brick-and-mortar stores. Each router is IDENTICAL, they're Asus RT-N16 routers running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) vpn.

The DD-WRT router is the central router for each store, and provides WiFi and internet access. All that works fine. Each router is configured to act as a PPTP VPN Server as well, and those work fine. I can connect to them from Windows 7 & OS X with the native VPN clients, and all traffic is routed through with no problems.

I would like to be able to access network shares through the VPN though, and no connected PPTP client seems to be able to see any client connected to the wireless network.

I'm assuming I need to add something to the Advanced Routing table, but I can't figure what.

Can any one help?
Sponsor
backXslash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
I assume you don’t have these two locations connected via a PPTP tunnel, but instead you’re connecting individual clients on an as-needed basis. Then you said “no connected PPTP client seems to be able to see any client connected to the wireless network”. Which wireless network? It’s own wireless network? The other wireless network? Is it just a “naming” problem, as in not having the ability to reference these resources by name but explicit IPs (e.g., 192.168.1.100) work?

Attached is a simplified diagram of what's going on currently. I suppose the fact that I have two stores is superfluous.

Really, the PPTP connected clients can not see any of the clients connected to the DD-WRT's wireless network, which is what I need them to be able to do. No PPTP connected client can ping any IP address OR hostname on the network, all of their traffic seems to be routed directly back out to the internet.

I'm trying to get the router to allow all connected clients to see each other, regardless of connection type. PPTP, WiFi, Ethernet should all be able to see each other AND the Internet.
backXslash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, everything on WiFi or ethernet is 192.160.1.X, everything on PPTP is 192.168.2.X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: