Am I bricked e3200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
dasbooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 16:06    Post subject: Am I bricked e3200 Reply with quote
I followed(30/30/30 and all) the wiki here http://www.dd-wrt.ca/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3200 and successfully flashed the trailed build(from that wiki) but on trying to upgrade to dd-wrt.v24-23082_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/12-12-2013-r23082/broadcom_K26/ I have an unresponsive router. Pinging the router gets timeout or response from the pinging ip destination host unreachable.

Description: The router indicator lights seem awfully purposeful for a bricked router? The power light blinks twice on power up. The lan light with a plugged in cable lights green when plugged in and starts flashing yellow like there is traffic. The reset button brings the all lan lights off and then all back on then off again routine? The router gets pretty warm after awhile.

I have followed the peacock thread

0)Ip set to 192.168.1.10 gateway to 192.168.1.1 dns to 192.168.1.1
1)numerous 30/30/30 resets
2)various combinations of timings to try to get to management mode(I dont know if it even exists for this router)
3)pinging the router gets time out but when I plug in the lan cable I more likely get response from the pinging ip destination...
4)I finally found the linksys tftp exe but without communication its useless

Hopefully somebody can throw me a bone. I worked on it for about 4 hours last night but I am currently at work.

Thanks a bunch I usually dont need help but I probably am doing or did something stupid.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 19:08    Post subject: Re: Am I bricked e3200 Reply with quote
dasbooter wrote:

3)pinging the router gets time out but when I plug in the lan cable I more likely get response from the pinging ip destination...

You appear to have missed note 6...

And, yes, plugging IN the lan cable is advisable when pinging. You are much more likely to get a response.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 23082 bricks (from what i read) e3000 and e4200 routers (or all linksys routers that came out in 2010-2011). and if it didnt, it would probably be partially working which i woudl suggest you flash to k3 21676 or use kong 22200.

if you are able to ping the router, try a tftp recovery. if you get no pings or tftp is unsucessful, do a serial recovery.

as for my e3000, it ended up getting hard bricked. i dont know how it happened, but all it does is an unresponsive bootloop. 2 other people had luck with theirs so i guess i did something wrong.

i would highly suggest getting a nokia ca-42 cable, a multi-meter, and read this guide here.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

good luck...

WDS AP - R7800
WDS STATION - R7500V2
Überkinger
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gameman Advanced Kid wrote:
Build 23082 bricks (from what i read) e3000 and e4200 routers (or all linksys routers that came out in 2010-2011).

I can confirm this. My E4200v1 are also bricked after succefull update to dd-wrt.v24-23082_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e4200.bin.

I can flush a other Firmware via tftp, but the Firmware won't restore der nvram. Any Ideas? I dont have a Serial Cable Sad

After upload is finished, the LED is Blinking in a endless loop. In this Mode, Reset-Button has no Function.
dasbooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 20:36    Post subject: Re: Am I bricked e3200 Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
dasbooter wrote:

And, yes, plugging IN the lan cable is advisable when pinging. You are much more likely to get a response.

Actually no I did note 6. Um thanks for the suggestion and your sense of humour lol but I of course had the cable in while constantly pinging, however Eko suggests while trying to get the router into management mode that NO lan cables be plugged in. If anybody has a more helpful suggestion or need me to clarify details even more feel free to help

Thanks
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 21:12    Post subject: Re: Am I bricked e3200 Reply with quote
dasbooter wrote:
Murrkf wrote:
dasbooter wrote:

Actually no I did note 6. Um thanks for the suggestion and your sense of humour lol but I of course had the cable in while constantly pinging, however Eko suggests while trying to get the router into management mode that NO lan cables be plugged in. If anybody has a more helpful suggestion or need me to clarify details even more feel free to help

Thanks

I have replied in many other threads, this does cause a brick!
DO NOT FLASH K2.6 23082 build

-Fractal
myname70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, please could you send me some link with photos where are these pins inside the E3200 board? I need to debrick it as well and bought a ca-42 cable. The main topic for the serial flash does it refer to particular E3200 pins.
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
myname70 wrote:
Guys, please could you send me some link with photos where are these pins inside the E3200 board? I need to debrick it as well and bought a ca-42 cable. The main topic for the serial flash does it refer to particular E3200 pins.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156334&sid=01e5ab7d2f94e3facfd52d30534426e9
myname70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just get the CA-42 cable. While opening the USB part with the chip, it appears inside on the board a lable DKU-5 and chipset 6858(k)... Outside it is marked CA-42. Do you think I can use it? DKU-5 is supported as per the serial flashing instruction?
myname70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried it (DKU-5)... The cables are OK (while shorting Tx and Rx it returns echo). But while trying to get CNTR-C during first power ON - I cannot enter the menu..... Do you think it is because of DKU-5 instead of CA-42 cable?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are likely not hitting cntl-c fast enough.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
padaboana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 17:32    Post subject: bricked e3200 Reply with quote
Hallo/hi!

i have also bricked my e3200 with the latest Build.
tried the 30/30/30 method several times but did not work for me. After that i got the management console running und flashed the latest firmware from linksys without success.
Not starting at all. Now i bought an usb2ttl serial to get it
back running. I am still waiting for delivery. Hope you can
help me through the serial procedure.
myname70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
You are likely not hitting cntl-c fast enough.

Think it is very fast.. I keep CNTL pushed all time and just hitting very fast C...
myname70
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
And mentioned when connected via the cable, PUTTY started and connected, but no power on of the router - I have echo. see the letters I type.. (the same if I make a short circuit between Rx and Tx). When Power the router, the echo disappears. is it normal?
ffaassttffwwdd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
myname70 wrote:
And mentioned when connected via the cable, PUTTY started and connected, but no power on of the router - I have echo. see the letters I type.. (the same if I make a short circuit between Rx and Tx). When Power the router, the echo disappears. is it normal?

Sometimes people make the mistake of connecting TX on the cable to TX on the router, and RX on the cable to RX on the router. Double-check to make sure that TX on your cable is correctly connected to RX on the router, and vice-versa.

GND on the cable should be connected to GND on the router, of course.

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: