Wireless Issues (and now registration as well)

lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 23:55    Post subject: Wireless Issues (and now registration as well) Reply with quote
Hi Brain,
It's been awhile since I've posted...cause everything was working so well.

My home router, a XP1700 based system, was exhibiting some strange wireless problems. It would connect clients, but then drop them all simultaneously after about 15 seconds....then eventually reconnects, and repeats this behavior. I fought with this problem for three days. ...gave up, and plugged in an identical D-Link card to check if it was indeed the WIFI card.

On a reboot, it wanted a registration key challenge. I was under the impression the key locked to the first card (first PCI slot, in my case) The WIFI card is in the last (bottom) slot. Furthest from the AGP slot. Anyway, I though "oh sh*t, or something like that, and proceeded to swap cards back to the original, thinking my activation would resume. It didn't.
So...I then reflashed the entire card using a full flash backup I had made shortly after registering (it worked in testing of it). But now, it makes no difference.

Here is the command I used to back up the CF card: dd if=/dev/sdg of=flashback.img).

So, now some questions:
1. Any idea what may have caused the originator of this problem...the disconnections/reconnections after 15 seconds.

2. Why did the key lock onto the wireless card when it was the last card detected?

3. Why when swapping back to the original D-Link card, did DD-WRT not re-activate.

4. (not a question) I will be emailing you soon for a new reg key......sorry.
thanks
Sponsor
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Strange enough, but true....The same wireless issue has happened to a second router. This one is our main gateway and wireless AP where I work. The wireless would connect clients for about 15 seconds, then drop them. This went on for about half a day, and as quickly as it started, it stopped. I did not loose my registration on this router however.

Am I the only one who has experienced this issue?

Can someone comment on why this may be happening?

thx,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: