Settings that work best for Mobile Devices

NoClemency
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 23:54    Post subject: Settings that work best for Mobile Devices Reply with quote
To Moderators, this is a general question, so please do not delete this post.

My question is can someone recommend what settings I should use on dd-wrt router for it to give the best connection to mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Under my current settings, my computers have over 30 down and 6 up on the wife, but my android phone and ipad can only access 6 down and less than 1 up. I have another router that does not have dd-wrt on it, and my mobile devices are able to utilize the full speed of over 30 down and over 6 up. As a result, I'm pretty confident I have some settings wrong.

I've posted this question many different times and have yet to get a single response. Any help would be much appreciated. If you need any additional information in order to better answer my question please let me know.
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 0:04    Post subject: Re: Settings that work best for Mobile Devices Reply with quote
NoClemency wrote:
To Moderators, this is a general question, so please do not delete this post.

My question is can someone recommend what settings I should use on dd-wrt router for it to give the best connection to mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Under my current settings, my computers have over 30 down and 6 up on the wife, but my android phone and ipad can only access 6 down and less than 1 up. I have another router that does not have dd-wrt on it, and my mobile devices are able to utilize the full speed of over 30 down and over 6 up. As a result, I'm pretty confident I have some settings wrong.

I've posted this question many different times and have yet to get a single response. Any help would be much appreciated. If you need any additional information in order to better answer my question please let me know.

Its likely a limitation of the phone....in my opinion they aren't the best "tuned" instruments for wifi.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 0:12    Post subject: Re: Settings that work best for Mobile Devices Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Its likely a limitation of the phone....in my opinion they aren't the best "tuned" instruments for wifi.redhawk

I really don't think it is a limitatio of the mobile devices. The ipad is 4 gen and the phone is an HTC EVO LTE. Not to mention, both devices work fine on the wifi when I use a different router. On the other router, in order to fix the problem I had to put it on a 5Ghz connection. However, when I did this with the dd-wrt router, it didn't fix the problem, that is why I'm confused. In addition, when I connect to the dd-wrt router or my other router over wifi with my laptop I am able to pull the full speeds. So that is why I still think it is a setting that I have wrong on the dd-wrt router.

Try running a few speed test with your dd-wrt router on a mobile device, and if you are able to access the full speed of your internet, or near it, can you post your wifi settings on your dd-wrt router so I can give them a try. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: