2xWDR-3600 (Router and Bridge)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
linuxhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 23:32    Post subject: 2xWDR-3600 (Router and Bridge) Reply with quote
So, after flashing two of these routers to the latest DD-WRT, I think I have them setup correctly.

192.168.1.1 is the router
192.168.1.2 is the bridge

I think these settings should mostly be the ones that are needed? I essentially followed the long method here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

I have cable between the two routers and set each of the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands on each router to different manual channels. WPA2 with the same SSID and keyphrase on each wireless. Shouldn't this allow roaming?

Screenshots:

Please let me know if more screenshots should be had. What is the best way to use a phone to "test" that you are roaming between the two based on signal strength?
Sponsor
linuxhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
In testing "roaming" it seems that they try to stay on the already connected AP. If and only if it completely loses signal to the other AP it seems that it will switch. We finally got a few devices to switch from 1.1 to 1.2 after moving around outside for a while. So it appears "roaming" is working but maybe not as quickly as we had hoped.

That is ok though, research shows that this is how it is supposed to work and is controlled by the OS of the device you are using.

*Unless there is some setting that we should change somewhere.
linuxhacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right, that's pretty much what I figured out. However, there isn't really any other solution right now is there assuming two routers are being used?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: