WRT-330n install woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
orenwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 20:28    Post subject: WRT-330n install woes Reply with quote
So, having recently purchased a WRT330n and having upgraded to their most recent supplied firmware (1.00.3), I find myself woefully unable to install DD-WRT via the GUI.

After resetting to factory defaults, I've tried the most recent 2007-0721 based install, trying the generic_std, failing that, the mini, then the mini350n. All generate the "you are trying to flash to a firmware not designed for this device" error.

Any hints? All the 300n/330n/350n threads I could find offered no assistance, they either had no problems, or no problems once using the specific branded firmware.

I did see someone mention tftp, however I could find no specific linksys instructions on the Wiki, just buffalo. A direct tftp attempt failed.

How do I go about this initial install of dd-wrt?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Rekoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think anyone here has a WRT330N so I'm not sure its supported yet. Although chances are its pretty much the same as the WRT350N. If you could open it up and post us some pics of the internal PCB maybe that could help determine if it is or not. Names like BCM4707 that you see on the board is exactly what we need to know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rekoil wrote:
I don't think anyone here has a WRT330N so I'm not sure its supported yet. Although chances are its pretty much the same as the WRT350N. If you could open it up and post us some pics of the internal PCB maybe that could help determine if it is or not. Names like BCM4707 that you see on the board is exactly what we need to know.

Well according to the Wiki, the 330N is supported, which was the whole reason I chose the device - everywhere I've read, the 330N is essentially a 350N minus the storage capability.

Is the Wiki inaccurate in this case?
HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the Wiki

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

I do not see that model as being supported.

Another consideration is the version number of the router.
I think that only certain versions of the 300n and 350n are supported.

If it indeed is not supported, maybe BS will support it if you loan it to him for a month?
orenwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
HowardZ wrote:
In the Wiki

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

I do not see that model as being supported.

If it indeed is not supported, maybe BS will support it if you loan it to him for a month?

Heck, I'd be happy to send him his very own 330N if that would help. Just let me know.
HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will need to ask Brain Slayer (BS).

Maybe you should try sending him a private message via the forum.
neo82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got my 330n popped open here, looking for anything BCM, however I don't believe i see it. I do see 5 chips and the wireless N card which looks like a mini pcmcia card for a laptop.

The chips are:

Nanya NT5DS16M16Cs-5T (guessing 16 mb of ram?)

ST 25P32V6P

Ubicom IP5160U

Vitesse VSC7385XYV

Davicom DM9161AEP

I have taken crappy pictures, but i tried the best i can, maybe if i had a better idea where to look I could be more helpful. Definately want to get my 330N up and running with this great software.

link to pictures:

http://download.yousendit.com/F542DDA238FE08D2

I too am willing to part with my unit to get some inspection time under the hood.

I stopped using my 330n under factory firmware when i found out it was causing some of the problems i was having network wise in my house... found a wrt54g 2.2 under my bed and took a friends advice and came here for firmware. I feel like my network is much healthier now with the options i have to tweek with at my disposal. thanks for wonderful software!
orenwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
HowardZ wrote:
You will need to ask Brain Slayer (BS).

Maybe you should try sending him a private message via the forum.

Fair enough, willdo.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
could someone post a cfe backup?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
could someone post a cfe backup?

I assume this is a config backup? I've attached this. Let me know if this isn't what you need!

gateway_settings.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gateway_settings.zip
 Filesize:  127.34 KB
 Downloaded:  842 Time(s)

Rekoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
@orenwolf,

No, a cfe backup is not a config backup. CFE stands for Common Firmware Environment. To access it you will need a serial console. So build a serial console, power the router down, start it up with the serial connected and a HyperTerminal window configured and ready. After the router is powered back on, press ctrl + c which should bring you to the CFE prompt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rekoil wrote:
@orenwolf,

No, a cfe backup is not a config backup. CFE stands for Common Firmware Environment. To access it you will need a serial console. So build a serial console, power the router down, start it up with the serial connected and a HyperTerminal window configured and ready. After the router is powered back on, press ctrl + c which should bring you to the CFE prompt.

Ah, I see.

So step 1 is to determine where exactly I connect a serial interface. I don't see one externally on the 330n, so I suppose there's in internal header somewhere to use for this purpose.
Manitcor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18    Post subject: anyone know where this is at? Reply with quote
Anyone have any more info on 330N suppprt? Did BS ever get a PM and was there ever a response. I am dying to have the control over my 330N as I do the other routers on my network.

What can I do to help move things along?
pgfox46
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
wrt-330n sent to germany hope to see fermwere and hope it is compatable
pgfox46
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
i guess this tread is dead

bump
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: