DNS, http and other stuff stops responding afther 24 or 48 h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Domin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 13:39    Post subject: DNS, http and other stuff stops responding afther 24 or 48 h Reply with quote
My router is an ASUS Wl500G Deluxe i usede the 23 SP1 final at first but had the following problem:

I run a server that is always connectede and online and has a static leased ip assigned, that pc never have problems connecting to internet no mather how long dd-wrt have been running, i then have 3 other clients connectede to the other 3 lan ports wich just gets an ip from dhcp, and a few wireless clients that also gets ip the same way, but after dd-wrt have been running for 24 houres or a bit more or less nothing works for pcs that get assigned ips automaticly they get ip and subnets just find if i use ipconfig /all to see config but they cant access the internet.

I have now tryed disabeling dnsmasq everywere i can find it but that did not seems to do the trick until i assigned a static ip to one of the pcs and rebootede the router, then it suddenly gets internet access once again, and my other pcs on autoassigned ips also works again, but if that is just cused by the reboot im not able to determin right now, since i have to wait about 24 to 48 hour before the problem appers again, then i can also see if the new pc i addet to static leased ips keeps it internet acces.

This is also tested on the Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (07/13/06) mini wich im running now and it have the same problem.

Othewise thanks for a greate fw i just love the QoS function Smile

HWS
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php?title=Router_Slowdown#Solution_Nr_1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the wiki link, but i already tried all the possibiliteies listed there, and non of them helps, my problem seems wery much alike the one in this tread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1790

But in a day or 2 i will know if setting the router to static leases fixes the problem, and then someone that know a littel more than me can hopfully fix the problem Wink

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohh, just for the record, in ordre to update the router i always have to put the router in recovery mode and then load the original firmware from asus, since the www interface just tells me that the dd-wrt asus firmware image is not a correct image, so what i did to make it work was as following:

reset to factory defaults
put ruter in recovery mode
upload original asus firmware
upload dd-wrt from www interface of the asus firmware
apply my own settings and hit save

DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Domin wrote:
since the www interface just tells me that the dd-wrt asus firmware image is not a correct image

For GUI upgrade ALWAYS use GENERIC firmware.
Domin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohh, sorry about that then i must have missed that, next time i will use the telnet way Smile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well now after 16 hour when i came home from work the wireless stoped working and dont even show up when i search for it, everything else still seems to work, i can access internet fine from the 2 pcs with static leased ip, and the one with auto dhcp also works fine, but no wireless.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okie after reading a tread here on the forum i turned off STP and now woila:

Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (07/13/06) mini
Time: 17:44:47 up 3 days, 2:15, load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.04

And everything is still running fine, im now gonna try turning dnsmasq back on and see if it runs stable if STP is turned off Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: