Help! new WRT54GS v6.0 Upgrade are Failed!!??!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Myndmelt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:50    Post subject: Help! new WRT54GS v6.0 Upgrade are Failed!!??!!! Reply with quote
I have a new wrt54gs v6.0 that I would like to put dd-wrt on - reason being that I am on fios- my wrt54g v 4.0 works great with this ddwrt however I am trying to set this up as a backup and test unit. So I went through the initial linksys setup. the linksys firmware was at 1.50.0 or something like that and I downloaded ddwrt v23sp2 and read the hwsupport file. This says to always use the generic_micro version so I log into the router, and try to update the firmware

this is on a wired connection to 1 computer, brand new cable from linksys.

after about 1 or 2 seconds after hitting the upgrade button it says

UPGRADE ARE FAILED!

wtf? so I tried it again. same result.
reset factory defaults . same result.
hardware reset for 35 seconds waited 1 minuted than rebooted router waited 2 minutes, and tried flash again same result.
upgraded linksys firmware to 1.52.2 - latest listed on linksys site. - same result
redownloaded files and extracted same result.
chaged network cable -same result.
change to my laptop instead of desktop - same result.

what is going on here!

I do not wish to run thier crappy dlink router and then piggy back to the NEW router I have tried this before and had problems with port forwarding and so fourth. again the wrt54g works flawlessly except I am experiencing lag spikes in games on a wireless connection.

could it be that this doesnt have a broadcom chipset somehow. I am really upset about this.

please someone
help me obi-wan
your my only hope.
Sponsor
d00zah
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check the top of the subject list for the Sticky "Tutorial for DD-WRT on WRT54G Version 5 or 6". Fulll details, plus others' experiences.

Also, the WIKI is a decent resource:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

As the v5-6 routers require a special procedure to install DD-WRT, I would strongly suggest reading over the instructions carefully... several times. ;^)

Linux 6.1.75 #106 SMP Thu Feb 1 16:26:33 +07 2024 armv7l
Updated from: DD-WRT v3.0-r53915 std (11/07/23) via GUI (FF), NO reset
Gateway: SmartDNS, DDNS (FreeDNS), QoS, IPv4 DHCP, Static leases
AP: 2.4GHz NG-Mixed 40MHz, 5GHz AC/N-Mixed 80MHz, WPA2 w/ AES, MAC filtering, Isolated Guest VAP on wlan1, Vanilla FW
Myndmelt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you!

Im not sure how I missed the sticky on the main page, but yes that did the trick I now how dd-wrt running on the router.. its not very happy with fios right now, er fios isnt happy with it but I am testing some settings to see if I can get it to work.

Thank you though. Problem resolved.
QLF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Followed the Steps & I did it!

Thank you guys.

Yousif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: