My experience achieving OPEN NAT on multiple xBoxes (two 360s and one X1) is as follows.
- port forwarding is not an option because you can only forward to one IP
- DMZ same thing
- uPnP works on a few routers perfectly, here is poorly maintained list http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/default.aspx
- FYI for any of the above to work the IP must being automatic (NOT Static as this confuses the router), and the IP must be "reserved" (usually using the MAC address.
- Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR router would only work with one 360, with a reserved IP, in the DMZ.
- Netgear WRT54Gxxx running DD-WRT build-14929 works like a charm (reserved IP, uPnP enabled), all three consoles get OPEN NAT
- Netgear WNDR3700v4 running stock firmware 188.8.131.52 works like a charm (reserved IP, uPnP enabled), all three consoles get OPEN NAT
Joined: 29 May 2008 Posts: 242 Location: United Kingdom
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 14:19 Post subject:
I am still having the same issues with port forwarding even with just one xbox one in the house, I'm using Atheros and build 29059 and connected via LAN port, I cant see any SVN report http://svn.dd-wrt.com but would be more then happy to do it but wont let me sign up, forget to mention, My WAN port is connected via a cable modem so it has a public IPv4 ip address on the dd-wrt device itself. Also has enable firewall but nothing has been ticked.
SOLVED for build 29147 std, see below
If i set Port from 3074 IP Address 192.168.1.8 Port to 3075
1) Make sure you have a DHCP reserve 2) Copy and Paste replacing 192.168.1.8 do you Xbox One console 3) Make sure you have Saved and Apply turn off the console and reboot router, When router has rebooted turn on the console Enjoy
Port from 3074 IP Address 192.168.1.8 Port to 3075
The only way I got it working fine is by putting the XBOX One IP address into the DMZ.
Since I am experimenting with IPv6, and thereby public IPv6 IP addresses, I am wondering if I can work around the NAT/UPnP issue. _________________ Netgear WNDR4300v1 DD-WRT v3.0 BS r29837 | Netgear R6400 DD-WRT v3.0 KB r33525M | Tickets: 5429 IPv4 & IPv6-PD | ProFTP & Samba to USB thumb | DNSMasq DHCPv6 | Pi-Hole on RasPi