New (KONG) Test Build - 02/04/2019 - r38570M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07    Post subject: New (KONG) Test Build - 02/04/2019 - r38570M Reply with quote
New (KONG) Test Build - 02/04/2019

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/Test/

Please report errors on this topic.

Release Notes:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline (with a grain of salt, kong doesnt always add all commits)

Router Model:

Status:
Reset:
Errors:
Sponsor
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router ModelNetgear R7500v2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r38570M kongat (02/03/19)
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.154 #329 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 3 23:19:51 CET 2019 armv7l

erase nvram ddup up and running solid so far
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5262
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
EA8500
DD-WRT v3.0-r38570M kongat (02/03/19)
Linux 4.9.154 #330 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 3 23:34:15 CET 2019 armv7l
No reset --GUI install over BS_r38535
switch / ovpn server / samba share
all working good
I have a different router in as main router I put in few hours ago just tinkering around.
I'm sure I'll install this build on EA8500 main router afterlater
Razz
nickant
DD-WRT User


Joined: 09 Feb 2016
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded EA8500 from r38500M via GUI without reset.
Upgrade went well, no initial issues.

_________________
------------------------------------
Linksys EA8500 DD-WRT r44048 (Gateway + OpenVPN Client)
Linksys WRT1900ACv1 DD-WRT r44048 (AP)
Netgear/Telstra V7610 (spare AP)
Billion BiPAC 7800NXL (spare AP)
Netgear WNDR3700v4 DD-WRT r43813 (spare Gateway + OpenVPN Client)
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickant44/albums
bushant
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 1377

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
R7800
DD-WRT v3.0-r38570M kongat (02/03/19)
Linux 4.9.154 #329 SMP
Main router
----------------------------------------
R7500v2
DD-WRT v3.0-r38570M kongat (02/03/19)
Linux 4.9.154 #329 SMP
WDS STA
****************************************

ddup --flash-latest over 38150
Didn't reset
Uptime ~1 1/2hrs
So far so good
THNX <Kong>
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
found that increasing my 5ghz ack timing to 1800 from 1350 has vastly improved the connection stability and produced less rx errors (0 so far), especially my mbair at the furthest part of my apt, which is small but multiple walls in its path and noisy env.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7338
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: r7800

Status k4.9 qos download latency is normal like k3.18 (ethernet only)
Reset: no
Errors: see tickets below

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5225 *
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5603 *
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5699
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5845
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5848
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5875
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5933
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5938
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6059
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6286
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6466
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6481 *
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6495
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6510
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6511
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6516

included tickets are only those affecting r7800 and kong build only.

nothing to report, no fixes or improvements noticed.. basically just https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1155533#1155533 again, with the exception of dnsmasq's random crashing (yet).

fine example of the wifi performance + fq_codel low upload --> https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/45572381
(was on a bcm4360 3x3 with 1300/1300 rates on desktop)

theres also a newer ath10k fw out 10.4-3.9.0.2-00021 we are still on 00018

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/6174 ---> DD-WRT v3.0-r44082 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44078 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44078 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44078 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 -------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44048 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..


Last edited by tatsuya46 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25; edited 1 time in total
murtaza12
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 122
Location: Pakistan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any WebGUI issues with this build?

Asking for EA8500 and R7800.

_________________
Active devices:
Netgear R7800 - Stock v1.0.2.68
Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT 19.07.1
ASUS RP-AC68U - 3.0.0.4.382.40019
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5262
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
install r38570M on EA8500 main router all working very nice

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/45573699
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/45573802

murtaza12 wrote:
Any WebGUI issues with this build

none noticed for me
switch Up 8:35 -- main router Up 25 min

EDIT:
Uptime 5:55 and NO webif problems
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 1865
Location: Fortaleza Ce Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Kong ..
After 18 hours .. Gui is doing its job .. no issues


Next point to dd-wrt is finishs wifi - compression mode ...
it never worked for me

Thanks devs

Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
DDwrt ...it rocks ....
1 R8500 41556 AP OpenVPN webserver RETIRED (bricked)
1 R7800 42912 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 42912 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 42908 AP Webserver OpenVPN
1 DDx86 Vmware 40260
1 E3000 41027 K3 @500 WAP wifi client
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7338
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
stalonge wrote:
@ Kong ..
After 18 hours .. Gui is doing its job .. no issues


Next point to dd-wrt is finishs wifi - compression mode ...
it never worked for me

Thanks devs

Very Happy Very Happy


https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6286

BS did more commits to it "fixing it", then didnt test afterwards..

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/6174 ---> DD-WRT v3.0-r44082 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44078 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44078 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44078 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 -------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44048 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Best k4.9 build to date. r7500v2
murtaza12
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 122
Location: Pakistan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing as though the complaints have reduced in the last 2 builds, I decided to finally switch my R7800s back to DD-WRT since the NG firmware doesn't have a lot of features that I missed.

After a bumpy installation process (DHCP server would die immediately on both routers after 1st boot of DD WRT).

Then I noticed that in the top right corner, it doesn't say 'Kongat' with the build number anymore. I don't ever remember downloading a BS build, so I reset everything, start from scratch, made sure I downloaded the R7800 files from Kong's website, and still the same.
Everything works perfectly fine now, but it doesn't say kongat.


_________________
Active devices:
Netgear R7800 - Stock v1.0.2.68
Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT 19.07.1
ASUS RP-AC68U - 3.0.0.4.382.40019
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 1865
Location: Fortaleza Ce Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
murtaza12 wrote:
Seeing as though the complaints have reduced in the last 2 builds, I decided to finally switch my R7800s back to DD-WRT since the NG firmware doesn't have a lot of features that I missed.

After a bumpy installation process (DHCP server would die immediately on both routers after 1st boot of DD WRT).

Then I noticed that in the top right corner, it doesn't say 'Kongat' with the build number anymore. I don't ever remember downloading a BS build, so I reset everything, start from scratch, made sure I downloaded the R7800 files from Kong's website, and still the same.
Everything works perfectly fine now, but it doesn't say kongat.




This time BS and Kong builds have the same number .. you are using BS builds ... for R7800 its better use Kong

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/Test/

Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
DDwrt ...it rocks ....
1 R8500 41556 AP OpenVPN webserver RETIRED (bricked)
1 R7800 42912 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 42912 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 42908 AP Webserver OpenVPN
1 DDx86 Vmware 40260
1 E3000 41027 K3 @500 WAP wifi client
murtaza12
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 122
Location: Pakistan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
stalonge wrote:
murtaza12 wrote:
Seeing as though the complaints have reduced in the last 2 builds, I decided to finally switch my R7800s back to DD-WRT since the NG firmware doesn't have a lot of features that I missed.

After a bumpy installation process (DHCP server would die immediately on both routers after 1st boot of DD WRT).

Then I noticed that in the top right corner, it doesn't say 'Kongat' with the build number anymore. I don't ever remember downloading a BS build, so I reset everything, start from scratch, made sure I downloaded the R7800 files from Kong's website, and still the same.
Everything works perfectly fine now, but it doesn't say kongat.




This time BS and Kong builds have the same number .. you are using BS builds ... for R7800 its better use Kong

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/Test/

Very Happy Very Happy


Yes I noticed the build number was the same.

I deleted any downloaded builds from my laptop, and downloaded the R7800 build from the exact link you gave above, flashed it using the WebGUI from NG firmware, and then TFTP'd it as well.

Still doesn't say kongat. I haven't downloaded any BS builds.

_________________
Active devices:
Netgear R7800 - Stock v1.0.2.68
Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT 19.07.1
ASUS RP-AC68U - 3.0.0.4.382.40019
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum