AP mystery: wireless access can't get to local gateway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 21:45    Post subject: AP mystery: wireless access can't get to local gateway Reply with quote
I've setup many, many APs using Asus Wl-520gu's. I know all the settings blindfolded. This one should be no different, but it somehow is. There's a temptation to think that it's defective, especially since I have another AP configured identically that's working well, but I find it hard to believe that it could fail this narrowly.

I used the usual procedure after wiping nvram, and it's absolutely correct. I even flashed it again to be sure.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point

The AP is 14929, and the host, also an Asus, is 15230.

The problem, only with this AP: Only wired clients can reach the gateway (host router) or beyond (the Internet). Wireless clients connect, get all the right IP info (assigned IP address, gateway/dns both pointing to host router), but they can't even ping the gateway let alone get past it.

It's the weirdest DD-WRT-related problem that I've ever seen.

I've tested with Windows PCs and Android phones, both of which have absolutely no problem with the other AP.

These devices DO show up in Status/LAN on the host router, but only with 0 or 3 connections. They also show up in its Status/Wireless. I'm surprised they're even showing up, since they can't even ping it.

I've redone wireless settings every which way, including dropping security, but nothing matters.

What could be doing this?
Sponsor
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
As a follow-up, I never did figure out the wireless issue on this router.

Can wireless just go bad on a router?

I took another Wl-520gu from a different location and am using it instead. With exactly the same settings.

I've taken the "bad" router and simply use it as a wired-only switch now elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: