Is Linksys ea6900 supported for ddwrt firmware?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully someone else could answer, I run XVortex.
Sponsor
droid-I
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
To enter the second and third MAC address you have to go to the advanced tab of the CFE edit tool (or may be I did something wrong?).

Correct, as far as I know. There are three MAC entries in the in the CFE.

I use DD-WRT v3.0-r28139 std (11/13/15) on my EA6900 and it has been stable. The WiFi rate fluctuates quite a bit, but the speeds are acceptable, range is OK.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
To enter the second and third MAC address you have to go to the advanced tab of the CFE edit tool (or may be I did something wrong?).

Thanks Droid-I

Sorry I missed this, YES YES YES, if you are flashing a custom CFE and are only looking at the default page of the CFE editor, you missed a huge part. Yes, you need to do ALL your work in the advanced tab.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
cybrnook wrote:
foxy wrote:
apvm wrote:
Here is an easy guide on how to flash the cfe
http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-tomato-shibby-or-toastman-dd-wrt-on-linksys-ea6900.71718/

Followed the steps from the mentioned guide, after that installed DD-WRT v3.0-r28647 std (01/02/16) and I'm mega happy!
The stock firmware was a disaster.
With DD-WRT I got a much more stable network and much better signal. Good job DD-WRT guys!

PS. Just made a donation Wink

Glad the guide worked out for you Wink

Hi I also used the guide, worked excellent Thanks!
Two observations:
After downloading and installing the DDWRT software on the router the 3 MAC addresses can be viewed on the Status/Sys-Info page.

One question, I am a long time user of DDWRT, I still have an original WRT54G working with DDWRT, but for my EA6900 I still use the now very old build 23720 this was stable and has now run for over 9 months without a hiccup or reboot. The following builds were very unstable.
How is stability of the latest builds?

Again thanks for all the good work

I did the WPS button trick and cleared NVRAM and everything seems to be working OK, but I have two questions remaining:

How can I check if I really have the xvortex CFE?

The second question is regarding the MAC addresses, I have three different MAC addresses for WAN , LAN and wireless, however both my 2,4 and 5 GHz wireless are using the same MAC address. is this correct?
Finnari
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
How can I check if I really have the xvortex CFE?

The second question is regarding the MAC addresses, I have three different MAC addresses for WAN , LAN and wireless, however both my 2,4 and 5 GHz wireless are using the same MAC address. is this correct?

cybrnook's guide might work for this:
"With the router powered off, press in and HOLD the red “reset” button on the back of the router. Continuing to hold the reset button in, flip the power switch on, powering up the router.

You will want to hold the reset button for approx. 10 – 15 seconds (sometimes less, sometimes more). Once you feel you have held it in long enough, attempt to navigate back to 192.168.1.1, you should see:"
XVT - CFE miniWeb Server" -screen.

I have also seen some interesting MAC addresses in DD-WRT. I am using XVortex custom bootloader (CFE), configured like instructed:

et0macaddr=et0macaddr = XX:79
0:macaddr=et0macaddr+1 = XX:7A
1:macaddr=et0macaddr+2 = XX:7B

Now I can see with DD-WRT's nvram-dump following information:

et0macaddr=XX:79
1:macaddr=XX:7B
0:macaddr=XX:7A

So exactly as it should be.

But with DD-WRT user interface I can see following MACs only:

LAN MAC XX:7B
WAN MAC XX:7B
Wireless MAC XX:7B

Both wl0 and wl1 have same XX:7B MAC

And external tools will see also only that XX:7B MAC address from this WLAN router.
fma965
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought a EA6700 not bothered about this 32k bug but would like to fix if possible... I read that the EA6900 CFE works with the EA6700 (but the 1.1 also has the 32k bug) there is a i'm guessing converted ASUS CFE for the EA6900 and was wondering if that would also work on the EA6700? Thanks.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-tomato-shibby-or-toastman-dd-wrt-on-linksys-ea6900.71718/
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not sure, I have not worked with the ea6700.

I am not sure why anyone would flash the ea6900 cfe onto the ea6700? That's like the blind leading the blind.

XVortex would know best as he ported the CFE. I have not seen any mention of the ea6700 though. Not sure how much you paid for it, but if in the U.S. I got a ea6900 that would be very competitive.
fma965
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:

I am not sure why anyone would flash the ea6900 cfe onto the ea6700? That's like the blind leading the blind.

XVortex would know best as he ported the CFE. I have not seen any mention of the ea6700 though. Not sure how much you paid for it, but if in the U.S. I got a ea6900 that would be very competitive.

Hi, i don't think it would add extra features or anything but since Xvortex did fix the CFE 32k issues i thought it was worth asking, i can recover with serial if needed but would that be possible if the CFE was a issue?
fma965
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
fma965 wrote:
cybrnook wrote:

Hi, i don't think it would add extra features or anything but since Xvortex did fix the CFE 32k issues i thought it was worth asking, i can recover with serial if needed but would that be possible if the CFE was a issue?

Just like to Add to this saying i was feeling curious so i flashed the Xvortex CFE and Xvortex's Merlin firmware and after some iinital hickups which i fixed with serial connection i am now running Asuswrt Merlin with the fixed CFE which is showing as a EA6900... the only bug i have found is the ports are reversed so wan and port 1 are the other way around.
onedemian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 21:29    Post subject: Upgrade successfull but really fails Reply with quote
Problem 1:

After upgrading my EA6900 from r26138 to r29134, I receive a successful confirmation but after rebooting the version still shows r26138 (old version).

I also tried the command line upgrade procedure using write commands, which was also successful but the firmware version is yet the old one.

Why would this happen? Do you have any idea about how to solve it?

Problem 2:

I noticed that sometimes after rebooting the CFE Miniweb Server loads for just a moment and then it seems to boot DD-WRT automatically.

So, I can't upload the firmware of XVortex because the upload stops at 11% because the connection is resetted and after 60 seconds DD-WRT is loaded again.

Am I doing something wrong here?
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 13:36    Post subject: Re: Upgrade successfull but really fails Reply with quote
onedemian wrote:
Problem 1:

After upgrading my EA6900 from r26138 to r29134, I receive a successful confirmation but after rebooting the version still shows r26138 (old version).

I also tried the command line upgrade procedure using write commands, which was also successful but the firmware version is yet the old one.

Problem 2:

I noticed that sometimes after rebooting the CFE Miniweb Server loads for just a moment and then it seems to boot DD-WRT automatically.

So, I can't upload the firmware of XVortex because the upload stops at 11% because the connection is resetted and after 60 seconds DD-WRT is loaded again.

Have a look at http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230
tjdoren
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 20:57    Post subject: Random reboots on Linksys EA6900 Reply with quote
I have the Linksys EA6900 v1.1. I recently installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/13) std (SVN revision 23194). I installed according to the instructions here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230. I did add the command line for mitigating the 32KB NVRAM bug. For the most part, the router has worked very well after this DD-WRT installation. I run it in Wireless Client Bridge mode, to bring the network to some devices in a corner of my house that have trouble picking up a good signal. But I'm experiencing random reboots for no apparent reason. And it sometimes takes several minutes to finish the reboot. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? Are other builds potentially more reliable? The NVRAM currently shows 23.62 KB / 64 KB.
Twingo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 17:11    Post subject: Re: Upgrade successfull but really fails Reply with quote
onedemian wrote:
Problem 1:

Problem 2:

After 26138 you need to earse nvram before going to newer builds, the reason is limit of nvram of EA series caused the problem, unless you erase nvram you can't use newe builders, but erase nvram will also lead to no chance of reverting to factory anymore, all factory parameters are stored in nvram so think twice before erase your nvram.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 18:05    Post subject: Re: Random reboots on Linksys EA6900 Reply with quote
These are all beta firmwares so not all are stable.
The latest Kong buid (r29440M kongac (04/19/16) is stable at this moment

tjdoren wrote:
I have the Linksys EA6900 v1.1. I recently installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/13) std (SVN revision 23194). I installed according to the instructions here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230. I did add the command line for mitigating the 32KB NVRAM bug. For the most part, the router has worked very well after this DD-WRT installation. I run it in Wireless Client Bridge mode, to bring the network to some devices in a corner of my house that have trouble picking up a good signal. But I'm experiencing random reboots for no apparent reason. And it sometimes takes several minutes to finish the reboot. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? Are other builds potentially more reliable? The NVRAM currently shows 23.62 KB / 64 KB.
cb3hn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:46    Post subject: SSID Broadcast on 5GHz / EA6900 Reply with quote
Hi,

it doesn't matter what Build version I work (Kong Builds), the SSID broadcast on 5GHz does not show of my android mobile devices, but it is connectible by manual settings. When I turn the radio off on 2,4 GHz/wl0 in the CL, then it is visible. I use the CFE Bootloader 32k patch from Vortex. This is a very bad issue. The same issue have also on my EA6500 too. At the moment I have to use Advanced Tomato Firmware to avoid this issue. But I want back to DD-WRT Firmware if somehow solved this problem.

Tested mobile Device: Huawei Mate 9 / Oreo
App: Wifi Analyzer Classic

Regards...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 60 of 61
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: