ASUS RT-AC68U install

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next
danielm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Incase anyone is trying to RESTORE back to Factory with the asus rt68u and can't "failed" message and you keep seeing ddwrt back Wink.
try the following.
download the OLDEST firmware from the asus offical website not the newest.
then just hold the RESET button after powering back on for about 5-10 seconds and youwill see it flash different. then in the web browser (id set static 192.168.1.1 but not sure if it's mandatory), you will see the recovery page and just upload firmware from there.

I tried many times with the newest firmware and it failed. only oldest worked for me. looked like it rest 2 times and took a long time but it worked.
Sponsor
TerraInc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!
Is subj support vlan tagged (802.1q)?
Did test but not luck - look like all tagged traffic going out untagged.
shmerl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
NoXiDe wrote:
shmerl, how is this beta build running on your ac68u? I'm currently running r23940 from the DD-WRT database and I'm not too happy with it, I was having issues with no port forwarding working on the latest ASUS stock firmware, and after flashing DD-WRT r23940 I'm still having the issue with none of my port forwards working...does anyone know what the deal is with this its driving me nuts.

The beta is running very well, no reboots like used to be in the past. However I didn't extensively test a lot of features, so I can't say if it will improve your specific case (I didn't test port forwarding so far).
issana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 17:50    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I installed DD-WRT on my asus router ac68u version v24 23940 beta 7 months ago and now I start to notice that the signals dropped a lot and I will lose connectivity.

Any idea?? Is DHCP issue??? Please help!!!
I have one SSID and two virtual SSID. Even my dosktop will loose the connectivity too. Usually, the average people that will connect to my wireless around 5 - 25.

Thank you for you help
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you checked your neighbours? Maybe someone have set up a new ap on the same channel.

Have you got any new clients? Maybe a bad driver.
issana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think it's the neighbors because we have a good distance between them. Also, I noticed this when new device or old device access the network. That's why I'm wondering if it's dhcp issue or just a random reboot since it's a beta version??
wabe
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 22:58    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-AC68U Reply with quote
issana wrote:
Hi Guys,

I installed DD-WRT on my asus router ac68u version v24 23940 beta 7 months ago and now I start to notice that the signals dropped a lot and I will lose connectivity.

Any idea?? Is DHCP issue??? Please help!!!
I have one SSID and two virtual SSID. Even my dosktop will loose the connectivity too. Usually, the average people that will connect to my wireless around 5 - 25.

Thank you for you help

Why not upgrade to one of the most recent builds? Do you restart your router regularly?

Asus AC-68U rev. A1 on Build 53339
issana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you get me the link to these versions?? I want to try them since I'm using the beta version.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
issana wrote:
Can you get me the link to these versions?? I want to try them since I'm using the beta version.

Don't you read the forum ? All versions are beta. Builds from 2015 are here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/ with latest being 27506.

After you flashed 27506, please report your findings/experience in the thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284230

issana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. I'm testing the new beta release. But my question why DD-WRT is always using the router memory to the full?? Please see the picture:

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  263.4 KB
 Viewed:  20808 Time(s)

image.jpg

aventus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Theres nothing Full your Screenshot Looks good
ashfp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

I've just purchased this router and am deciding what firmware to put on it (DD-WRT, merlin or tomato) .

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of possible/confirmed issues with DD-WRT on the RT-AC68U, as in what ISN'T working.

I have read quite a lot of the backlog in this thread, but it would be really helpful if someone has a pre-compiled list, just so I know if there's anything I've missed in the previous 69 pages (and for anyone new to the thread like me, can see at a glance).

Many Thanks
NESJumpman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
danielm wrote:
I feel your pain,
I've been waiting a long time to get oppionons on whats "stable" but it seems you need to install them all and test for yourself at this point.
Personally the only one that seemed working for me for what "I" wanted was the old one listed in the router database,
but turning off that option for ampdu i believe, to stop reboot crashes.

spm wrote:
So forgive me for asking the same question that has been asked a number of times in this thread. Tried reading the 68 pages but its simply too much.

Whats the situation for flashing the 68u now? Before it seems one had to flash a rather old brainslayer build and then used kong builds for good performance. The routerdb points at a 14 month-old asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx, whereas in betas i can now find a .trx from yesterday (r27147).

1. what build is now considered decently stable for rt-ac68u?
2. do I need to flash something older first?
3. should I make any considerations to hardware version etc?

thanks in advance

@danielm
What things did you need that forced you to take the build from the product page and not the beta build?

@spm
What did you do? Did the web GUI work for you with the TRX? I was worried about all this rigamarole but then seeing this web GUI install... then all these references to it "not working"... This is overwhelming.

I have not the time nor the expertise or I might do this - but a product page on the wiki for this device with a table (or something) about _confirmed_ issues VS builds would be super-helpful
grinna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 13:38    Post subject: usb 3.0 dock Reply with quote
I have a ac68 and I wonder if installing DD-WRT, it will recognize my USB 3.0 2.5 "/ 3.5" SATA HDD Docking Station in USB3.0 port, because it only recognizes the USB2.0, turning off the option of interference usb not working, is there anything being done to this router recognizes these devices in uSB 3.0 port?

sku_298201_6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.59 KB
 Viewed:  19049 Time(s)

sku_298201_6.jpg

sku_298201_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.86 KB
 Viewed:  19049 Time(s)

sku_298201_1.jpg

gatorback
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:28    Post subject: Re: incomplete page? Reply with quote
shadow-rider wrote:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-AC68U

Is there a better page for this device?

Thanks!

There is now... this URL has been seeded so that success can be captured and re-used by the community.

Quote:
== BE A CONTRIBUTOR ==

If you are successful and have learned something that would help others ("gee I wish I had known this before I started"), then take a minute to update this wiki. Isn't it better to consolidate knowledge here than to wade though hundreds of postings?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 69 of 70
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: