TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 HDD sharing, OPTWARE, DLNA, Torrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello again.

I've not figured out why it doesn't autostart from boot.

On the BAD side, looks like when transmission is working it eats out all the router memory and the kernel kills it (most of the time it only kills the torrent server, but seldom it freezes and reboots)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsor
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ruben1234 wrote:
@msantos2007

Thanks for this guide, very useful.

I have installed transmission in my WR842NDv2, using the latest dd-wrt FW (02/19/2014). It has worked smoothly, however I have noticed that the router has rebooted by itself a couple of times when downloading. I'll keep investigating.

Update: It seems the router memory is full, after a few minutes the downloads stop or get only 4-6 kb/s. It comes back to normal after rebooting

BTW: It's a silly question, How can I open the port for transmission? It's supposed to be open but it appears as closed....

Thanks again

I've realized that bottleneck you're telling. But I never realized rebooting.

Actually, Transmission is TOO heavy to a TP-Link router. I suggest not to keep so many files under seeding, although it breaks the purpose of Torrenting.

Open ports: Webgui, NAT/QoS, Port Forwarding.

Last edited by msantos2007 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:32; edited 1 time in total
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:03    Post subject: Re: Trasmission-daemon problem with your procedure Reply with quote
marcopanozzo19 wrote:
Hi Marcelo

Sorry if I have made some errors but is the first time that i use this forum.

I have a tplink wr1043ND
I have problems with the trasmission daemon after to install as your procedure.
I have used an HD 1.5Tb instead the USB key and with only one partition.
During the installation i have replaced the sda2 with sda1.
Now the web page of trasmission daemon is open but all torrents that i have added don't download nothing.
Download 0 bit, upload 0 bit.

I have added as you write the firewall setting
iptables -I INPUT -p TCP --dport 9091 -j ACCEPT

But nothing

Have you a tip?

oh.. I forgot to tell you that this router is my second router configured as a Client Bridge and connected to a WR841ND That is my primary router where run also dd-wrt firmware.
The firmware version of two routers is the last.

do you think that I have to open some ports on the firewall also of the primary router?
If yes, can you write me all ports needed of all routers?

Thank for all your work

Marco

Maybe you need to revise your modified scripts, because I also have an Transmission and MiniDLNA server as Client Bridge (CB). It would be better off you partition your HDD into sda1 and sda2, so you would not worry changing the scripts.

Do not forget to open ports (8200, 9091, 25000) for your CB on your primary router and there is no need to open ports on your CB.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:47    Post subject: Re: ddwrt (23320 on WR1043ND) not auto-starting after reboot Reply with quote
roliverio wrote:
Hello msantos2007, thanks for the guide and the rest of you for the helpful comments.

@msantos2007: Your guide helped me to get started, altought i'm having an autostart issue with all the installation (i.e. whenever i restart the router and log in via ssh i don't get to the chrooted prompt, only plain simple ddwrt, of course, no services get started, like minidlna or transmission), alas, i've set up the same rc_startup script (with minor mods) as a shell script, that i simply login and execute, then, all starts working.

I'm still baffled about why it isn't auto-starting.

As i pointed out, i'm running 23320 on a wr1043ND.

I've set up the disk (a 4TB one, with a couple of NTFS partitions) just like your guide, and i've activated samba sharing on the two of them, also, automount is active.

If any of you can help me get over this minor issue it would be greatly apprecciated.

I suggest you start over on a thumbdrive, then upgrade to a HDD: there are many variables to consider, so I unable to tell.

I'll revise the script and I'll let you know the changes, asap.
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks msantos,

I was trying to enable a swap file on the thing, to no avail, there's no kernel support and of course, no optware support either (at least, on ar71xx branch).

If anyone can give tips on this, also would be good.
Taboganist007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:11    Post subject: Re: I got the same problem to. Reply with quote
Ike310 wrote:
Taboganist007 wrote:
I'm getting a segmentation fault when I attempt to install mini dlna, I've screen-capped the fault so if someone could take a look and tell me where I've been going wrong I'd be grateful for any input!

As you can see, I've followed the instructions to the letter - any help would be appreciated.

I'm afraid I'm still getting the 'segmentation fault' I was getting previously so I tried to install MiniDNLA again on a 16gb flash drive formatted into two partitions in NTFS respectively. This gave me the same segmentation fault as my original attempt so I then did a 30/30/30 reset of my Netgear WNDR3800 router and reinstalled the latest version of dd-wrt from a stock version of Negear firmware. Upon having dd-wrt up and running again I tried installing MiniDLNA again which resulted in the same 'segmentation fault'

I did notice one thing though and I will show it in the picture below.

The picture above shows what the script should be like upon entering "opkg install minidlna" but I noticed one thing. When I tried accessing the link above "http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/libuuid_2.21.2-1_ar71xx.ipk." as shown in your guide - the link appears to be invalid on the server. Could the link be dead and this is what is causing the 'segmentation fault'? As I have used your guide previously and got MiniDLNA running before with no problems, I assume something has gone awry.

Anyways, any help anyone can give me on this matter I would very much appreciate as I have a Sony Bravia TV that supports DLNA and boatloads of media that I could readily avail of wirelessly.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, maybe it can bring us Segmentation Error.

Please replace the following, at 2.1.1:

cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/ar71xx/packages/libc_0.9.30.1-42_ar71xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/libuuid_2.21.2-2_ar71xx.ipk
opkg install libc_0.9.30.1-42_ar71xx.ipk libuuid_2.21.2-2_ar71xx.ipk

Thanks!
Taboganist007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
Yes, maybe it can bring us Segmentation Error.

Please replace the following, at 2.1.1:

cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/ar71xx/packages/libc_0.9.30.1-42_ar71xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/libuuid_2.21.2-2_ar71xx.ipk
opkg install libc_0.9.30.1-42_ar71xx.ipk libuuid_2.21.2-2_ar71xx.ipk

Thanks!

Well I tried replacing at 2.1.1 with your revised commands but unfortunately I'm still getting the 'segmentation fault' Sad

But thanks for your reply and valuable input all the same, msantos2007. I dunno what to try next Razz
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
We can always try packages from:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09-rc1/ar71xx/generic/packages/

- OR -

http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/ar71xx/packages/

Perhaps we need to place more library files at 2.1.1 session...
Taboganist007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
We can always try packages from:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09-rc1/ar71xx/generic/packages/

- OR -

http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/ar71xx/packages/

Perhaps we need to place more library files at 2.1.1 session...

YAY!! I got it working, FINALLY! Very Happy I took your advice, msantos2007 and got all the links I needed from http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09-rc1/ar71xx/generic/packages/ and it now MiniDLNA is fully installed. There's definitely something wrong, somewhere with the links in your orignal script but with your help I got past it. Thanks man!
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:54    Post subject: It's not a solution, but worked for me xD Reply with quote
Hello msantos.

As i was getting tired of dealing with the issue, i ended up getting a wr4300, this ended up well, as all of your guide worked nice.

There's a minor issue with it: trying to deal with the "Segmentation Fault" problem you propose a conflicting solution, there should be NO need to install libc 9.30. As that can make all the other libs go into a segfault (missing symbols and such)

So the best way to deal with it (at least with versions 22xxx onwards) it's to simply install libc 9.33 directly without trying to install 9.30 on any step of it.

If any of you try this, BEFORE trying to install 9.30 after installing 9.33, simply remove 9.30 (forcibly, if needed).

@Taboganist007: This was your issue, but you solved it taking the long road, Wink, anyway, kudos.

Thanks again
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're telling we should remove 2.1 and 2.4 (Preventing Segmentation Error) from script?

This weekend I'll try it out.

I do thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Marcelo.
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
@msantos2007

Indeed, there should be no need to install libc 9.30, as simply using 9.33 should take care of dealing with the software requirements of the "snapshots" optware repository.

This modifications also work as of last BrainSlayer revision: 23720

Nice day
Taboganist007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:53    Post subject: Re: It's not a solution, but worked for me xD Reply with quote
roliverio wrote:
Hello msantos.

As i was getting tired of dealing with the issue, i ended up getting a wr4300, this ended up well, as all of your guide worked nice.

There's a minor issue with it: trying to deal with the "Segmentation Fault" problem you propose a conflicting solution, there should be NO need to install libc 9.30. As that can make all the other libs go into a segfault (missing symbols and such)

So the best way to deal with it (at least with versions 22xxx onwards) it's to simply install libc 9.33 directly without trying to install 9.30 on any step of it.

If any of you try this, BEFORE trying to install 9.30 after installing 9.33, simply remove 9.30 (forcibly, if needed).

@Taboganist007: This was your issue, but you solved it taking the long road, Wink, anyway, kudos.

Thanks again

Yeah it does seem I took the long road and did get it installed but I'm having another problem now. It's not scanning my files properly, it's only showing the 1st few hundred files and then it stops, I've tried rebooting so it rescans but it stops in the same place leaving the majority of my files unaccounted for Rolling Eyes
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
How long did it take? Here it took 20-30 minutes for 2000+ audio files and 200+ video files.

Remember: RM/RMVB won't play.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: